Enable Azure Application Insights on the VM-Series Firewall
Publish firewall performance metrics to Application Insights.
The VM-Series firewall on Azure can publish custom PAN-OS metrics natively to Azure Application Insights that you can use to monitor the firewalls directly from the Azure portal. These metrics allow you to assess performance and usage patterns that you can use to set alarms and take action to automate events such as launching or terminating instances of the VM-Series firewalls. See Custom PAN-OS Metrics Published for Monitoringfor a description on the metrics that are available.
- On the Azure portal, create your Application Insights instanceto monitor
the firewall and copy the Instrumention Key from ConfigureProperties.The firewall needs this key to authenticate to the Application Insights instance and publish metrics to it.
- Enable the firewall to publish metrics to your Application
- Log in to the VM-Series firewall on Azure.
- Select DeviceSetupOperations.
- Edit Azure Application Insights and
enter the Instrumentation Key you copied earlier.The default interval for publishing metics is five minutes. You can change this to vary from 1-60 minutes.
- Commit your changes.The firewall generates a system log to it record the success or failure to authenticate to Azure Application Insights.
- Verify that you can view the metrics on the Azure Application
- On the Azure portal. select the Application insights instance, and select OverviewMetrics Explorer to view the PAN-OS custom metrics.
- Select the metric(s) that you want to monitor for trends and trigger alerts. Refer to the Microsoft Azure documentation for details on exploring metrics on Application Insights.
Support for Azure Application Insights
Support for Azure Application Insights In PAN-OS 8.1, the VM-Series firewall on Azure includes support for natively publishing PAN-OS metrics to an Azure Application Insights ...
Custom PAN-OS Metrics Published for Monitoring
PAN-OS® metrics published to public cloud monitoring systems such as AWS® CloudWatch, Azure® Application Insights, and Google® Stackdriver. ...
Set up the VM-Series Firewall on Azure
Set up the VM-Series Firewall on Azure VM-Series firewall on Azure brings the security features of Palo Alto Networks next generation firewall as a virtual ...
Interface Used for Accessing External Services on the VM-Se...
Interfaces that the VM-Series firewall uses for making API calls. ...
Device > Setup > Operations
Device > Setup > Operations You can perform the following tasks to manage the running and candidate configurations of the firewall and Panorama™. If you’re ...
Bootstrapping Enhancements for VM-Series on Azure
At launch, bootstrap the VM-Series firewall on Azure using file storage. ...
Describes all the exciting new capabilities in PAN-OS® 8.1 for the VM-Series firewall. ...
About the VM-Series Firewall
About the VM-Series Firewall The Palo Alto Networks VM-Series firewall is the virtualized form of the Palo Alto Networks next-generation firewall. It is positioned for ...
Virtualization Features VM-50 Lite Integration with Azure Security Center View high-priority firewall logs as security alerts on the Azure Security Center dashboard with the default ...