Deploy the VM-Series Firewall on Cisco ENCS
Deploy the VM-Series firewall from NFVIS.
Before you begin to deploy the firewall, make sure that you have created network connections for management access to the VM-Series firewall. If you are using Panorama, ensure that Panorama has management connectivity to the firewall.
- Deploy the VM-Series firewall.
- In Enterprise NFVIS, click VM Life CycleDeploy.
- Drag the firewall icon to the appropriate network.
In this example, the firewall connects to a management network and a
- Deploy the VM-Series firewall.If you are using Panorama to manage the firewall, the firewall displays as Connected on PanoramaManaged DevicesSummary. If the firewall is not connected to Panorama, check that you have provided the correct Panorama IP address and that the devices can communicate over the network.
- Configure the VM-Series firewall dataplane interfaces.
- Add a template and assign the firewall to the template.
- Select the Network and in the Template drop-down, select the template you created.
- Select NetworkInterfacesEthernet.
- Click ethernet 1/1 and configure
- Set Interface Type to Layer3.
- On the Config tab, assign the interface to the default router.
- Also on the Config tab, expand the Security Zone drop-down and select New Zone. Define a new zone called UnTrust for example, and then click OK.
- On the IPv4 tab, select DHCP Client or Static. If you choose static, enter the IP address.
- Repeat b-e for each network interface.
and Push to commit all configuration changes
to Panorama and the managed firewalls.Verify that the link state for the firewall interfaces is up.
- Configure Security policies to safely enable applications
and users on your network.If using Panorama, the following steps show you how to use device groups to centrally manage policy rules for your managed firewalls.
- Verify that the VM-Series firewall is securing traffic on your network.
Plan Your Cisco ENCS Deployment
Ensure the Cisco ENCS environment can support the VM-Series firewall. ...
Set Up a VM-Series Firewall on a Cisco ENCS Network
Learn how to add a VM-Series firewall image into Cisco Enterprise NFV Infrastructure Software (NFVIS). ...
Deployments Supported on AWS
Deployments Supported on AWS The VM-Series firewall secures inbound and outbound traffic to and from EC2 instances within the AWS Virtual Private Cloud ( VPC ...
Prepare Your ACI Environment for Integration
Prepare Your ACI Environment for Integration Before you can integrate the firewall, you must complete the following steps to prepare your Cisco ACI environment. Deploy ...
Prepare the VM-Series Firewall Image for Cisco ENCS
Download or create the files necessary to convert the qcow2 file. ...
How Do the Components in the VM-Series Firewall for NSX Solution Work Together?
How Do the Components in the VM-Series Firewall for NSX Solution Work Together? To meet the security challenges in the software-defined data center, the NSX ...
Deploy the VM-Series Firewall from the Azure China Marketplace (Solution Template)
Deploy the VM-Series Firewall from the Azure China Marketplace (Solution Template) The following instructions show you how to deploy the solution template for the VM-Series ...
Deploy the VM-Series Firewall on vCloud Air
Deploy the VM-Series Firewall on vCloud Air Use the instructions in this section to deploy your VM-Series firewall in an on-demand or dedicated vDC on ...
Deploy the VM-Series Firewall from the Azure Marketplace (Solution Template)
Deploy the VM-Series Firewall from the Azure Marketplace (Solution Template) The following instructions describe how to deploy the solution template for the VM-Series firewall that ...