Plan Your Cisco ENCS Deployment
Ensure the Cisco ENCS environment can support the VM-Series firewall.
In your Cisco SD-Branch, deploy the VM-Series Firewall on the Cisco ENCS appliance as a VNF that provides next generation firewall capabilities to secure your applications and users at the branch office. You can deploy the firewall in a virtual wire, Layer 2, or Layer 3 deployment, and in high availability configuration.
To manage the VM-Series firewall, the Panorama appliance can be deployed on premises or in the cloud. The following topology shows the VM-Series firewall at the branch edge.
Cisco ENCS Requirements
- In NFVIS, set up networks and bridges.
- Create virtual NICs and attach them to a virtual bridge so the ENCS appliance can steer traffic through the VM-Series firewall.On the Cisco ENCS appliance, the VM-Series firewall supports up to 8 dataplane interfaces.The dataplane interfaces of the VM-Series firewall on Cisco ENCS support Virtio mode only; ENCS SR-IOV and PCI passthrough modes are not supported.
- Set up network connections for VM-Series firewall management access. If you are using Panorama, ensure that Panorama has network access to manage the firewall you deploy.
VM-Series Firewall and Panorama Requirements
- VM-Series Firewall—The VM-50 and VM-100 are recommended. The VM-300, VM-500, and VM-700 are also supported, provided the ENCS hardware has sufficient resources that can be assigned to the VM-Series firewall. Consult the VM-Series System Requirements to ensure that the Cisco ENCS appliance has adequate resources to support the VM-Series model you choose.
- The VM-Series firewall on Cisco ENCS supports Packet MMAP mode only. You must disable DPDK using one of the following methods:
- From the VM-Series firewall command line, type:set system setting dpdk-pkt-io off
- If you are bootstrapping, in theinit-cfg.txtfile, include:op-cmd-dpdk-pkt-io=off
- Panorama version 8.1.3 or later. The version must be the same or higher than the version on your VM-Series firewall.
Recommended For You
Recommended videos not found.