Upload the VM-Series Image to OCI
Complete the following procedure to upload a VM-Series for KVM qcow2 file and create a custom image that you need to launch the VM-Series firewall. Uploading and creating the image is required only once. You can use the same image for all subsequent deployments of the VM-Series firewall.
- Download the VM-Series for KVM qcow2 file from
the Palo Alto Networks Customer Support Portal.
- Log in to the Customer Support Portal.
- Select UpdatesSoftware Updates.
- Select PAN-OS for VM-Series KVM Base Images from the Filter By drop-down.
- Download the 8.1.3or later base image qcow2 file.
- Create a storage bucket for the qcow2 file.
- Log in to the OCI console.
- Select Object StorageObject StorageCreate Bucket.
- Enter a descriptive Name for your bucket.
- Select Standard for Storage Tier.
- Click Create Bucket.
- Upload the qcow2 file. It is recommended that you use the OCI CLI to reliably upload the VM-Series firewall image. Using the browser interface to upload the image using the OCI portal is not recommended.
- Create a pre-authenticated request. This is needed to
create the object URL used in the creation of the custom image used
to lauch the VM-Series firewall instance.
- Log in to the OCI console.
- Select Object StorageObject Storage and click the name of the bucket you create previously.
- Select Pre-Authenticated RequestsCreate Pre-Authenticated Request.
- Enter a descriptive Name for your Pre-Authenticated Request.
- Select Object and enter the name of the qcow2 file.
- Select Permit Reads on the Object under Access Type.
- Enter an Expiration Date/Time.
- Click Create Pre-Authenticated Request.
- Copy the Pre-Authenticated Request URL. You must copy the URL because it will not be displayed again.
- Click Close.
- Import the qcow2 file and create a custom VM-Series firewall
- Select ComputeCustom ImagesImport Image.
- Enter a descriptive Name for your Image.
- Paste the Pre-Authenticated Request URL in Object Storage URL.
- Select QCOW2 as the Image Type.
- Select Paravirtualized Mode under Launch Mode.
- Click Import Image.
Deploy the VM-Series Firewall on OCI
Deploy the VM-Series Firewall on OCI You can deploy the VM-Series firewall on OCI manually through OCI Console or using a Terraform template. To launch ...
Prepare to Deploy the VM-Series Firewall on Alibaba Cloud
Complete preliminary tasks before creating the VPC and Networks. ...
Launch the VM-Series Firewall in OCI
Launch the VM-Series Firewall in OCI After uploading the KVM qcow2 image to OCI and configuring a Virtual Cloud Network (VCN), you are ready to ...
Prepare the VM-Series Firewall Image for Cisco ENCS
Download or create the files necessary to convert the qcow2 file. ...
Prepare the Terraform Template Files
Prepare the Terraform Template Files Before deploying the VM-Series firewall, you must download and prepare the Terraform template files for your OCI environment. Download the ...
Install the VM-Series Firewall in OpenStack
Install the VM-Series Firewall in a Basic Gateway Deployment Complete the following steps to prepare the heat templates, bootstrap files, and software images needed to ...
Deploy the VM-Series Firewall on OCI Manually
Deploy the VM-Series Firewall on OCI Manually The VM-Series firewall on OCI uses the VM-Series KVM base image to deploy the firewall in paravirtualized mode. ...
Configure a VCN
Configure a VCN After uploading the KVM qcow2 image to OCI, configure a Virtual Cloud Network (VCN) before launching the VM-Series firewall. Create a VCN. ...
Install the VM-Series Firewall with ServiceChaining or Scaling
Install the VM-Series Firewall with Service Chaining or Scaling Complete the following steps to prepare the heat templates, bootstrap files, and software images needed to ...