Upgrade the VM-Series for NSX During a Maintenance Window
Use Panorama to upgrade the VM-Series firewall NSX edition during a maintenance window.
For the VM-Series Firewall NSX edition, use Panorama to upgrade the software version on the firewalls.
- Allocate additional hardware resources to your VM-Series firewall.Verify that enough hardware resources are available to the VM-Series firewall. Refer to the VM-Series System Requirements to see the new resource requirements for each VM-Series model. Allocate additional hardware resources before continuing the upgrade process. The process for assigning additional hardware resources differs on each hypervisor.
- Save a backup of the current configuration file on each managed firewall that you plan to upgrade.Although the firewall will automatically create a backup of the configuration, it is a best practice to create a backup prior to upgrade and store it externally.
- Selectand clickDeviceSetupOperationsExport Panorama and devices config bundle. This option is used to manually generate and export the latest version of the configuration backup of Panorama and of each managed device.
- Save the exported file to a location external to the firewall. You can use this backup to restore the configuration if you have problems with the upgrade.
- Check the Release Notes to verify the Content Release version required for the PAN-OS version.The firewalls you plan to upgrade must be running the Content Release version required for the PAN-OS version.
- Select.PanoramaDevice DeploymentDynamic Updates
- Check for the latest updates. Click Check Now (located in the lower left-hand corner of the window) to check for the latest updates. The link in the Action column indicates whether an update is available. If a version is available, theDownloadlink displays.
- ClickDownloadto download a selected version. After successful download, the link in theActioncolumn changes fromDownloadtoInstall.
- ClickInstalland select the devices on which you want to install the update. When the installation completes, a check mark displays in theCurrently Installedcolumn.
- Deploy software updates to selected firewalls.If your firewalls are configured in HA, make sure to clear theGroup HA Peerscheck box and upgrade one HA peer at a time.
- Select.PanoramaDevice DeploymentSoftware
- Check for the latest updates. ClickCheck Now(located in the lower left-hand corner of the window) to check for the latest updates. The link in theActioncolumn indicates whether an update is available.
- Review theFile Nameand clickDownload. Verify that the software versions that you download match the firewall models deployed on your network. After successful download, the link in theActioncolumn changes fromDownloadtoInstall.
- ClickInstalland select the devices on which you want to install the software version.
- SelectReboot device after install, and clickOK.
- If you have devices configured in HA, clear theGroup HA Peerscheck box and upgrade one HA peer at a time.
- Verify the software and Content Release version running on each managed device.
- Select.PanoramaManaged Devices
- Locate the device(s) and review the content and software versions on the table.
Recommended For You
Recommended videos not found.