Create and Apply a Subscription-Only Auth Code
If you have already deployed VM-Series firewalls using a perpetual or ELA license bundle, you can use Software NFGW credits to add subscriptions to your existing deployment.
When adding subscriptions, keep the following in mind:
- Only select subscriptions that are not included in your existing bundle.
- Ensure that your VM-Series model and PAN-OS version support the subscription you want to add.
- Do not apply more than one subscription-only auth code to a firewall.
- A subscription-only license cannot be used as a renewal for an existing subscription.
- The firewall on which you are applying the auth code must be able to access the Palo Alto Networks licensing server.
- If you already have a credit pool, log into the account, and from the dashboard, select.AssetsSoftware NGFW CreditsCreate Deployment ProfileIf you have just activated a credit pool you see theCreate Deployment Profileform.
- ClickNext. A subscription-only deployment profile can only be used on VM-Series firewalls with
- VM-Series profile.
- Profile Name.Name the profile.
- Number of Firewalls.Enter the number of firewalls this profile deploys, assuming you have sufficient credits. You do not have to deploy them all at once.
- Firewall Model:Choose the VM-Series model of the VM-Series firewalls to which you are adding subscriptions.You can only apply the subscription-only auth code to VM-Series firewall of the chosen model.
- Security Use Case:Choose a use case.
- Customize Subscriptions.After selecting a use case, you can add or remove security services.
- (optional) Hover over the question mark followingProtect more, save moreto see how your credit allocation affects savings.
- ClickCalculate Estimated Costto view the credit total, and the number of credits available before the deployment.(optional) Hover over the question mark following the estimate to view the credit breakdown for each component.
- Create the Deployment Profile.You might have to wait several seconds for the profile to appear in theCurrent Deployment Profilestab list. Before the allocation is complete, theCredits Consumed/Allocatedcolumn shows 0 andUpdate Pending. Scroll to the bottom and go to the last page to find your profile.To view your deployment profile later on, click theDetailsbutton on the parent credit pool and selectCurrent Deployment Profiles.
- Note the Auth Code for your profile on the far right; subscription-only auth codes start with D.
- TheCredits Consumed/Allocatedcolumn shows 0 andUpdate Pendingbefore the allocation is complete.
- TheAudit Trailtab showsCredit Transactionsand theDeployment Profilesyou manage. You can also search for a profile by time in this tab.Use search to locate your profile, and expand the row to view the configuration you specified when you created the profile.
- Apply the subscription-only auth code to your firewall.
- Log in to the CSP with your account credentials.
- Select.AssetsSoftware NFGW CreditsLocate your credit pool and viewDetails.
- ViewCurrent Deployment Profilesand choose a profile.You will use the auth code from this profile on any firewall of the model specified when you created your deployment profile. An auth code for a subscription-only license begins with the letter D.
- Log in to the VM-Series firewall web interface.
- Verify the Palo Alto Networks update server configuration.
- Confirm thatUpdate Serveris set toupdates.paloaltonetworks.com.
- Confirm thatVerify Update Server Identityis selected.
- Select theActivate feature using authorization codelink.
- Enter the subscription-only auth code from the deployment profile.
- ClickOKto confirm the license application.The firewall contacts the Palo Alto Networks update server and consumes the tokens required for your subscription-only license.
- Verify that the license is successfully activated.On thepage, verify that the license is successfully activated. For example, after activating the Threat Prevention license, you should see that the license is valid:DeviceLicenses
Recommended For You
Recommended videos not found.