Switch Between the BYOL and the PAYG Licenses
The VM-Series firewall cannot be converted between the BYOL and PAYG licensing options. If you have already deployed and configured a VM-Series firewall with the PAYG or BYOL option in AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform, and now want to switch to the other option, use the following instructions to save and export the configuration on your existing firewall, deploy a new firewall, and then restore the configuration on the new firewall.
- Save a backup of the current configuration file
and store it to an external server.
- Select DeviceSetupOperations and Export named configuration snapshot.
- Select the XML file that contains your running configuration (for example, running-config.xml) and click OK to export the configuration file.
- Save the exported file to a location external to the firewall.
- Deploy a new firewall and register or activate the license,
as appropriate.For a new PAYG instance:
For a new BYOL instance:
- In the AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform Marketplace, select the software image for the PAYG licensing bundle you want to deploy.
- Deploy a new VM-Series firewall in the AWS, Azure, or Google public cloud. See Set Up the VM-Series Firewall on AWS, Set up the VM-Series Firewall on Azure, or Set Up the VM-Series Firewall on Google Cloud Platform.
- Register the Usage-Based Model of the VM-Series Firewall for Public Clouds (no auth code).
- Contact your sales representative or reseller to purchase a BYOL license, and get a BYOL auth code that you can use to license your firewall.
- Register the VM-Series Firewall (with auth code).
- Deploy a new VM-Series firewall in the AWS or Azure public cloud. See Set Up the VM-Series Firewall on AWS, Set up the VM-Series Firewall on Azure or Set Up the VM-Series Firewall on Google Cloud Platform.
- Activate the License for the VM-Series Firewall (Standalone Version).
- On the newly deployed firewall, restore the configuration
that you exported.
- Access the web interface of the newly deployed firewall.
- Select DeviceSetupOperations, click Import named configuration snapshot, Browse to the configuration file on the external host, and click OK.
- Click Load named configuration snapshot, select the Name of the configuration file you just imported, and click OK.
- Click Commit to overwrite the running configuration with the snapshot you just imported.
- Verify that the configuration on the new firewall matches the firewall that you are replacing, before you delete the firewall or deactivate the licenses on the replaced firewall.
VM-Series Firewall Licenses for Public Clouds
VM-Series Firewall Licenses for Public Clouds The VM-Series firewall licensing strategy is the same for AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud Platform. There are different license ...
Bootstrap the VM-Series Firewall
Bootstrap the VM-Series Firewall Bootstrapping allows you to create a repeatable and streamlined process of deploying new VM-Series firewalls on your network because it allows ...
Activate the License
Activate the License To activate the license on your VM-Series firewall, you must have deployed the VM-Series firewall and completed initial configuration. To deploy the ...
About the VM-Series Firewall on Google Cloud Platform
Prepare to deploy a VM-Series firewall on a Google® Compute Engine instance. ...
About the VM-Series Firewall on Azure
About the VM-Series Firewall on Azure The VM-Series firewall on Azure must be deployed in a virtual network (VNet) using the Resource Manager deployment mode. ...
Deploy the VM-Series Firewall on Azure Stack
Azure Stack is Microsoft’s Azure cloud within your own datacenter. Deploy the firewall to secure your workloads in your Azure Stack (on-premise) implementation and shift ...
VM-Series Firewalls The hypervisors and the public cloud regions in which you can deploy the VM-Series firewalls: VM-Series Firewall Hypervisor Support Partner Interoperability for VM-Series ...
Serial Number and CPU ID Format for the VM-Series Firewall
Serial Number and CPU ID Format for the VM-Series Firewall When you launch an instance of the VM-Series firewall, each instance of the firewall is ...