Manually Upload Files to the WildFire Portal
All Palo Alto Networks customers with a support account can use the Palo Alto Networks WildFire portal to manually submit up to five samples a day for WildFire analysis. If you have a WildFire subscription, you can manually submit samples to the portal as part of your 1000 sample uploads daily limit; however, keep in mind that the 1000 sample daily limit also includes WildFire API submissions.
- Manually upload files or URLs to the WildFire
portal for analysis.
- Log in to the WildFire Portal.
- Click Upload Sample on the
- To submit files for analysis, select File Upload and Open the files you want to submit for WildFire analysis.Click Start to begin WildFire analysis of a single file, or click Start Upload to submit all the files you added for WildFire analysis.
- To submit a URL for analysis, click URL Upload, enter a URL, and Submit for WildFire analysis.
- Close the Uploaded File Information pop-up.
- View the WildFire verdict and analysis results for the
file.WildFire takes approximately five minutes to complete a file analysis.Because a manual upload is not associated with a specific firewall, manual uploads do not show session information in the reports.
- Return to the WildFire Portal dashboard.
- In the Previous 1 Hour section, select Manual under the source column to view analysis information for the latest manually-submitted samples.
- Find the files or URLs you uploaded and click the detail icon to the left of the Received Time.
Manually or Programmatically Submit Archive/ELF Files
Manually or Programmatically Submit Archive/ELF Files Submit archive and ELF file types directly to the WildFire public cloud for analysis. With a WildFire subscription, you ...
Submit Files for WildFire Analysis
Submit Files for WildFire Analysis The following topics describe how to submit files for WildFire™ analysis. You can set up Palo Alto Networks firewalls to ...
About WildFire Logs and Reporting
About WildFire Logs and Reporting You can Monitor WildFire Activity on the firewall, with the WildFire portal, or with the WildFire API. For each sample ...
View Reports on the WildFire Portal
View Reports on the WildFire Portal The Wildfire portal displays reports for samples that are submitted from firewalls, manually uploaded, or uploaded using the WildFire ...
Impose API Limits
Impose API Limits A WildFire API key allows up to 1000 sample uploads per day and up to 10,000 report queries per day. The daily ...
WildFire Private Cloud
WildFire Private Cloud In a Palo Alto Networks private cloud deployment, Palo Alto Networks firewalls forward files to a WildFire appliance on your corporate network ...
Configure WildFire Portal Settings
Configure WildFire Portal Settings This section describes the settings that can be customized for a WildFire cloud account, such as time zone and email notifications ...
WildFire Analysis Reports—Close Up
WildFire Analysis Reports—Close Up Access WildFire analysis reports on the firewall , the WildFire portal , and the WildFire API . WildFire analysis reports display ...
Verify File Forwarding
Verify File Forwarding After the firewall is set up to Forward Files for WildFire Analysis , use the following options to verify the connection between ...