Install WildFire Content Updates Directly from the Update Server
- Verify connectivity from the appliance to the update server and identify the content update to install.
- Log in to the WildFire appliance and run the following command to display the current content version:admin@WF-500>show system info | match wf-content-version
- Confirm that the appliance can communicate with the Palo Alto Networks Update Server and view available updates:admin@WF-500>request wf-content upgrade checkThe command queries the Palo Alto Networks Update Server and provides information about available updates and identifies the version that is currently installed on the appliance.Version Size Released on Downloaded Installed --------------------------------------------------- 2-253 57MB 2014/09/20 20:00:08 PDT no no 2-39 44MB 2014/02/12 14:04:27 PST yes currentIf the appliance cannot connect to the update server, you will need to allow connectivity from the appliance to the Palo Alto Networks Update Server (updates.paloaltonetworks.com), or download and install the update using SCP as described in Install WildFire Content Updates from an SCP-Enabled Server.
- Download and install the latest content update.
- Download the latest content update:admin@WF-500>request wf-content upgrade download latest
- View the status of the download:admin@WF-500>show jobs allYou can runshow jobs pendingto view pending jobs. The following output shows that the download (job id 5) has finished downloading (Status FIN):Enqueued ID Type Status Result Completed --------------------------------------------------- 2014/04/22 03:42:20 5 Downld FIN OK 03:42:23
- After the download is complete, install the update:admin@WF-500>request wf-content upgrade install version latestRun theshow jobs allcommand again to monitor the status of the install.
- Verify the content update.Run the following command and refer to thewf-content-versionfield:admin@WF-500>show system infoThe following shows an example output with content update version 2-253 installed:admin@WF-500>show system infohostname: WildFire ip-address: 10.5.164.245 netmask: 255.255.255.0 default-gateway: 10.5.164.1 mac-address: 00:25:90:c3:ed:56 vm-interface-ip-address: 192.168.2.2 vm-interface-netmask: 255.255.255.0 vm-interface-default-gateway: 192.168.2.1 vm-interface-dns-server: 192.168.2.1 time: Mon Apr 21 09:59:07 2014 uptime: 17 days, 23:19:16 family: m model: WildFire serial: abcd3333 sw-version: 6.1.0wf-content-version: 2-253wfm-release-date: 2014/08/20 20:00:08 logdb-version: 6.1.2 platform-family: m
- (Optional) Schedule content updates to be installed on a daily or weekly basis.
- Schedule the appliance to download and install content updates:admin@WF-500#set deviceconfig system update-schedule wf-content recurring [daily | weekly] action [download-and-install | download-only]For example, to download and install updates daily at 8:00 am:admin@WF-500#set deviceconfig system update-schedule wf-content recurring daily action download-and-install at 08:00
- Commit the configurationadmin@WF-500#commit
Recommended For You
Recommended videos not found.