WildFire Canada Cloud
A new WildFire regional cloud is now available in Canada. The WildFire Canada cloud is designed to adhere to data sovereignty and residency laws as well as established data protection and privacy regulations. This provides data residency for WildFire customers based in the Canada by ensuring that sensitive data and submissions are restricted from leaving the Canada when using the WildFire cloud threat analysis service. Samples submitted to the WildFire Canada cloud remain within Canadian borders; additionally, malware analysis and signature generation and delivery occur independently of the WildFire global cloud.
Any firewall with an active WildFire subscription can forward samples to the WildFire Canada cloud. Additionally, you can access the WildFire Canada portal using your support account credentials to manually upload files for analysis and view WildFire analysis reports. Additional analysis capabilities found in the global cloud will soon become available in the WildFire Canada cloud in subsequent updates. This includes URL Analysis, as well as other future enhancements for all regional clouds.
The WildFire Canada cloud does not currently support analysis of macOS files.
You can submit samples to the WildFire Canada cloud from the firewall, WildFire appliance, WildFire Canada portal, and using the WildFire API.
- Submit Samples to the WildFire Canada Cloud From the Firewall.
- Log in to the firewall and selectDevice > Setup > WildFireand editGeneral Settings.
- Enter the URL for the WildFire Canada cloud:ca.wildfire.paloaltonetworks.com
- ClickOKto save your settings.
- Submit locally-discovered malware or sample reports to the WildFire Canada cloud For Additional Analysis.Enable a WildFire appliance to submit locally-discovered malware or sample reports to the WildFire Canada cloud for additional analysis and signature distribution:
- Connect the WildFire appliance to the WildFire Canada cloud by entering the following command from the WildFire appliance CLI:admin@WF-500#set deviceconfig setting cloud-server ca.wildfire.paloaltonetworks.com
- Enter the following command to submit malware to the WildFire Canada cloud:admin@WF-500#set deviceconfig setting wildfire cloud-intelligence submit-sample yes
- Manually Submit Samples to the WildFire Canada Cloud Using the WildFire Canada Portal.You can manually submit samples to the WildFire Canada cloud using the WildFire Canada portal: https://ca.wildfire.paloaltonetworks.com.After uploading files or URLs to the WildFire Canada portal, you can also view the WildFire analysis verdict and report for the sample.
- Submit Samples Through the WildFire APIUse the following resources to submit samples through the WildFire API to the WildFire Canada cloud:
To get information about your file submissions to the WildFire Canada Cloud, you must also use the base URI that corresponds to the WildFire Canada cloud. Example:https://ca.wildfire.paloaltonetworks.com/publicapi/get/verdict
- Submit a file:https://ca.wildfire.paloaltonetworks.com/publicapi/submit/file
- Submit a file through a URL:https://ca.wildfire.paloaltonetworks.com/publicapi/submit/url
- Submit a URL:https://ca.wildfire.paloaltonetworks.com/publicapi/submit/link
- Submit multiple URLs:https://ca.wildfire.paloaltonetworks.com/publicapi/submit/links
Recommended For You
Recommended videos not found.