WildFire Germany Cloud
A new WildFire regional cloud is now available in Germany. The WildFire Germany cloud provides the best of both worlds for our German customers. Customers can now utilize the WildFire cloud-based threat analysis and prevention engine, while ensuring that files submitted for analysis stay in the country to address data location concerns. Note that certain metadata connected to submitted samples, as described in the WildFire Privacy Datasheet, are shared with our other regional clouds. While submissions stay within German borders, German customers still benefit from the global security intelligence and updates based on the network effect of Palo Alto Networks 42,000+ WildFire customers. Sensitive data and submissions are restricted from leaving Germany when using the WildFire cloud threat analysis service. Samples submitted to the WildFire Germany cloud and the resulting malware analysis, signature generation and delivery occur and remain within German borders.
Any firewall with basic WildFire service enabled can forward PE (portable executables) samples to the WildFire Germany cloud for analysis, while users with an active WildFire subscription can forward all supported file types. You can access the WildFire Germany portal using your support account credentials to manually upload files for analysis and view WildFire analysis reports.
You can submit samples to the WildFire Germany cloud from the firewall, WildFire appliance, WildFire Germany portal, and using the WildFire API.
- Submit samples to the WildFire Germany cloud from the firewall.
- Log in to the firewall and selectDevice > Setup > WildFireand editGeneral Settings.
- Enter the URL for the WildFire Germany cloud:de.wildfire.paloaltonetworks.com
- ClickOKto save your settings.
- Submit locally-discovered malware or sample reports to the WildFire Germany cloud for additional analysis.Enable a WildFire appliance to submit locally-discovered malware or sample reports to the WildFire Germany cloud for additional analysis and signature distribution:
- Connect the WildFire appliance to the WildFire Germany cloud by entering the following command from the WildFire appliance CLI:admin@WF-500#set deviceconfig setting cloud-server de.wildfire.paloaltonetworks.com
- Enter the following command to submit malware to the WildFire Germany cloud:admin@WF-500#set deviceconfig setting wildfire cloud-intelligence submit-sample yes
- Manually submit samples to the WildFire Germany cloud using the WildFire Germany portal.You can manually submit samples to the WildFire Germany cloud using the WildFire Germany portal: https://de.wildfire.paloaltonetworks.com.After uploading files or URLs to the WildFire Germany portal, you can also view the WildFire analysis verdict and report for the sample.
- Submit samples through the WildFire APIUse the following resources to submit samples through the WildFire API to the WildFire Germany cloud:
To get information about your file submissions to the WildFire Germany cloud, you must also use the base URI that corresponds to the WildFire Germany cloud. Example:https://de.wildfire.paloaltonetworks.com/publicapi/get/verdict
- Submit a file:https://de.wildfire.paloaltonetworks.com/publicapi/submit/file
- Submit a file through a URL:https://de.wildfire.paloaltonetworks.com/publicapi/submit/url
- Submit a URL:https://de.wildfire.paloaltonetworks.com/publicapi/submit/link
- Submit multiple URLs:https://de.wildfire.paloaltonetworks.com/publicapi/submit/links
Recommended For You
Recommended videos not found.