WildFire UK Cloud
A new WildFire regional cloud is now available in the United Kingdom. The WildFire UK cloud is designed to adhere to data sovereignty and residency laws as well as established data protection and privacy regulations. This provides data residency for WildFire customers based in the UK by ensuring that sensitive data and submissions are restricted from leaving the UK when using the WildFire cloud threat analysis service. Samples submitted to the WildFire UK cloud remain within UK borders; while malware analysis and signature generation and delivery occur independently of the WildFire global cloud.
Any firewall with an active WildFire subscription can forward samples to the WildFire UK cloud. Additionally, you can access the WildFire UK portal using your support account credentials to manually upload files for analysis and view WildFire analysis reports. Additional analysis capabilities found in the global cloud will soon become available in the WildFire UK cloud in subsequent updates. This includes URL Analysis, as well as other future enhancements for all regional clouds.
You can submit samples to the WildFire UK cloud from the firewall, from a WildFire appliance, using the WildFire UK portal, and using the WildFire API.
- Submit Samples to the WildFire UK Cloud From the Firewall
- Log in to the firewall and selectDevice > Setup > WildFireand editGeneral Settings.
- Enter the URL for the WildFire UK cloud:uk.wildfire.paloaltonetworks.com
- ClickOKto save your settings.
- Submit locally-discovered malware or sample reports to the WildFire UK cloud For Additional AnalysisEnable a WildFire appliance to submit locally-discovered malware or sample reports to the WildFire UK cloud for additional analysis and signature distribution:
- Connect the WildFire appliance to the WildFire UK cloud by entering the following command from the WildFire appliance CLI:admin@WF-500#set deviceconfig setting cloud-server uk.wildfire.paloaltonetworks.com
- Enter the following command to submit malware to the WildFire UK cloud:admin@WF-500#set deviceconfig setting wildfire cloud-intelligence submit-sample yes
- Manually Submit Samples to the WildFire UK Cloud Using the WildFire UK PortalYou can manually submit samples to the WildFire UK cloud using the WildFire UK portal: https://uk.wildfire.paloaltonetworks.com.After uploading files or URLs to the WildFire UK portal, you can also view the WildFire analysis verdict and report for the sample.
- Submit Samples Through the WildFire APIUse the following resources to submit samples through the WildFire API to the WildFire UK cloud:
To get information about your file submissions to the WildFire UK Cloud, you must also use the same base URI that corresponds to the WildFire UK cloud. Example:https://eu.wildfire.paloaltonetworks.com/publicapi/get/verdict
- Submit a file:https://uk.wildfire.paloaltonetworks.com/publicapi/submit/file
- Submit a file through a URL:https://uk.wildfire.paloaltonetworks.com/publicapi/submit/url
- Submit a URL:https://uk.wildfire.paloaltonetworks.com/publicapi/submit/link
- Submit multiple URLs:https://uk.wildfire.paloaltonetworks.com/publicapi/submit/links
Recommended For You
Recommended videos not found.