Create a Data Profile with Nested Data Profiles on Cloud Management
Create and configure an
Enterprise data loss prevention (DLP)data profile containing multiple data profiles on
Enterprise data loss prevention (DLP)supports creating a single data profile that contains multiple nested data profiles. Creating a single data profile that contains multiple nested data profiles allows you to consolidate the match criteria to prevent exfiltration of sensitive data to a single data profile that can be used in a single Security policy rule. This allows you to simplify the management of sensitive data leaving your network and reduces the need to manage multiple Security policy rules and data profiles. A data profile that contains multiple nested data profiles created on
Cloud Managementis viewable on Panorama, Prisma Access (Panorama Managed), Cloud Management, and the DLP app on the hub. Viewing a data profile created on the DLP app on Panorama requires Panorama plugin for
Enterprise DLP1.0.4 or later release.
When you create a data profile that contains predefined data profiles and patterns, be sure to consider the detection types used by the predefined data patterns because the detection type determines how
Enterprise DLParrives at a verdict for scanned files. For example, when you create a data profile that includes three machine learning (ML)-based data patterns and seven regex-based data patterns,
Enterprise DLPreturns verdicts based on the seven regex-based patterns whenever the scanned file exceeds 1 MB.
Adding, deleting, or otherwise modifying the nested data profiles you add to data profile is supported only from the DLP app on the hub and Cloud Management, but not from Panorama.
Nesting a data profile that includes an EDM data set to an existing data profile if one wasn’t included when the data profile was originally created is supported.
- (Optional) Create your data profiles onCloud Management.You can create a data profile that contains multiple data profiles using both predefined data profiles and custom data profiles you create.
- SelectandManageConfigurationSecurity ServicesData Loss PreventionData Profiles.Add Data ProfilesWith multiple Data ProfilesYou can also create a new data profile by copying an existing data profile that already contains multiple data profiles. This allows you to quickly modify an existing data profile with additional data profile match criteria while preserving the original data profile from which the new data profile was copied.Data profiles created by copying an existing data profile are appended withCopy - <name_of_original_data_profile>.
- Enter theData Profile Name.
- Configure the Primary Rule for the data profile.Add Data Profileto add predefined or custom data profiles. Repeat this step to include additional data profiles.Data profile match criteria for traffic that you want to allow must be added to the Primary Rule. Data profiles match criteria for traffic that you want to block can be added to either Primary Rule or Secondary Rule.A data profile containing multiple data profiles support any combination of data profiles with data patterns only, data patterns and EDM data sets, and EDM data sets only.Only theORoperator is supported.
- (Optional) Configure a Secondary Rule.Add Data Profileto add predefined or custom data profiles. Repeat this step to include additional data profiles.Data profile match criteria added to the Secondary Rule block all traffic that meets the match criteria for the data profile by default and can’t be modified. If you want to allow traffic that matches a data profile match criteria, add it to the Primary Rule.A data profile containing multiple data profiles support any combination of data profiles with data patterns only, data patterns and EDM data sets, and EDM data sets only.Only theORoperator is supported.
- Savethe data profile.
- Verify that the data profile you created.
- DLP App on the hub—Log in to the DLP app on the hub as a Superuser and selectData Profilesto view the data profile you created.
- Cloud Management
- Selectand search for the data profile you created.ManageConfigurationSecurity ServicesData Loss Prevention
- Panorama and Prisma Access (Panorama Managed)See Update a Data Filtering Profile on Panorama for more information on which data profile settings are editable on Panorama for a data profile created onCloud Management.If the data profile has both Primary and Secondary Patterns, changing the data profile Action on Panorama deletes all Secondary Pattern match criteria.
- Select the data profile created onCloud Management.
- Set the data profile Action toBlocktraffic that matches the data profile match criteria.
- SelectandCommitCommit to PanoramaCommit.
- SelectandCommitPush to DevicesEdit Selections.
- SelectDevice GroupsandInclude Device and Network Templates.
- Pushyour configuration changes to your managed firewalls that are usingEnterprise DLP.
Recommended For You
Recommended videos not found.