Update a Data Filtering Profile on Panorama
Modify an existing
Enterprise data loss prevention (DLP)data filtering profile on the Panorama™ management server.
From the Panorama management server, you can edit and modify an existing data filtering profile you created on Panorama, SaaS Security, or the DLP app on the hub. Any changes you make to an existing data filtering profile from the DLP app on the hub is automatically synchronized to Panorama, Prisma Access (Panorama Managed), and Prisma SaaS where the data filtering profile is supported.
You can’t update or modify the data pattern match criteria for an EDM dataset or a data profile with data patterns and EDM datasets from Panorama. You can only update or modify the data filtering profile action from Panorama. Any changes you make to an EDM filtering profile or a hybrid data filtering profile commit successfully on Panorama aren’t reflected in the DLP app on the hub. See Update a Data Profile on the DLP App to update the match criteria for an EDM data filtering profile or a data profile with data patterns and EDM data sets.
If you update a data filtering profile to include a predefined data patterns, be sure to consider the detection type used by the predefined data patterns because the detection type determines how
Enterprise data loss prevention (DLP)arrives at a verdict for scanned files. For example, when you create a data filtering profile that includes three machine learning (ML)-based data patterns and seven regex-based data patterns,
Enterprise DLPwill return verdicts based on the seven regex-based patterns whenever the scanned file exceeds 1 MB.
- Selectand specify theObjectsDLPData Filtering ProfilesDevice Group.
- Select a data filtering profile to edit.
- Edit the data filtering profile as needed.
- Modify the data filtering profile scan forFile Basedtraffic,Non-File Basedtraffic, or both.
- Modify thePrimary PatternandSecondary Patternmatch criteria.Modifying the data filtering profile match criteria on Panorama is supported only forEnterprise DLPdata filtering profiles created on Panorama. See Create a Data Filtering Profile on Panorama for details on configuring data pattern criteria using predefined or custom data patterns.
- (Data Filtering Profile for Non-File Traffic Inspection Only) Modify theURL Category Excluded List from Non-FileandApplication List Excluded from Non-Fileto configure which URL and application traffic is excluded fromEnterprise DLPinspection.See Create a Data Filtering Profile on Panorama for Non-File Detection for more information.
- Edit the data filtering profile settings.Enterprise DLPsupports editing the following data profile settings for a data profile with EDM datasets and a data profile with data patterns and EDM datasets from Panorama.
- Select the data filtering profileAction(AlertorBlock)If the data profile has both Primary and Secondary Patterns, changing the data filtering profile Action on Panorama deletes all Secondary Pattern match criteria.
- Specify aFile Type.Leave the file type asanyto match any of the supported file types.
- Set theLog Severityrecorded for files that match this data filtering profile.
- Commit and push your configuration changes to your managed firewalls that are usingEnterprise DLP.TheCommit and Pushcommand isn’t recommended forEnterprise DLPconfiguration changes. Using theCommit and Pushcommand requires the additional and unnecessary overheard of manually selecting the impacted templates and managed firewalls in the Push Scope Selection.
- SelectandCommitCommit to PanoramaCommit.
- SelectandCommitPush to DevicesEdit Selections.
- SelectDevice GroupsandInclude Device and Network Templates.
- Pushyour configuration changes to your managed firewalls that are usingEnterprise DLP.
- Verify the changes you made to the data filtering profile.
- Log in to the DLP app on the hub.If you don’t already have access to the DLP app on the hub, see the hub Getting Started Guide. Only Superusers can access the hub.
- SelectData Profilesand search for the data filtering profile you updated.
Recommended For You
Recommended videos not found.