Set Up Access to the GlobalProtect Portal
- Add the portal.
- Select, and thenNetworkGlobalProtectPortalsAdda portal.
- Enter aNamefor the portal.The gateway name cannot contain spaces and must be unique for each virtual system.
- (Optional) Select the virtual system to which this portal belongs from theLocationfield.
- Specify network settings to enable the GlobalProtect app to communicate with the portal.If you have not yet created a network interface for the portal, see Create Interfaces and Zones for GlobalProtect. If you have not yet created an SSL/TLS service profile for the portal, see Deploy Server Certificates to the GlobalProtect Components.Do not attach an interface management profile that allows HTTP, HTTPS, Telnet, or SSH on the interface where you have configured a GlobalProtect portal or gateway because this enables access to your management interface from the internet. Follow the Best Practices for Securing Administrative Access to ensure that you are securing administrative access to your firewalls in a way that will prevent successful attacks.
- In the Network Settings area, select anInterface.
- Specify theIP Address TypeandIP addressfor the portal web service:
- The IP address type can beIPv4 Only,IPv6 Only, orIPv4 and IPv6.UseIPv4 and IPv6if your network supports dual stack configurations, where IPv4 and IPv6 run at the same time.
- The IP address must be compatible with the IP address type. For example,172.16.1.0for IPv4 addresses or21DA:D3:0::2F3bfor IPv6 addresses. For dual stack configurations, enter both an IPv4 and IPv6 address.
- Select anSSL/TLS Service Profile.
- Select custom login and help pages or disable the login and help pages entirely. See Customize the GlobalProtect Portal Login, Welcome, and Help Pages for more details on creating a custom login page and help page.
- In the Appearance area, configure any of the following settings:
- To set thePortal Login Pagefor user access to the portal, select thefactory-defaultlogin page,Importa custom login page, orDisableaccess to the login page.
- To set theApp Help Pageto provide assistance to users with the GlobalProtect app, select thefactory-defaulthelp page,Importa custom help page, or selectNoneto remove theHelpoption from theSettingsmenu of the GlobalProtect status panel.
- Specify how the portal authenticates users.
- Configure any of the following portal authentication settings:
- To secure communication between the portal and the GlobalProtect app, select theSSL/TLS Service Profilethat you configured for the portal.
- To authenticate users through a local user database or an external authentication service, such as LDAP, Kerberos, TACACS+, SAML, or RADIUS (including OTP), Define the GlobalProtect Client Authentication Configurations.
- To authenticate users based on a client certificate or a smart card/CAC, select the correspondingCertificate Profile. You must pre-deploy the client certificate or Deploy User-Specific Client Certificates for Authentication using the Simple Certificate Enrollment Protocol (SCEP).
If you allow users to authenticate to the portal using either user credentials OR a client certificate, select aCertificate Profilewith theUsername Fieldset toSubjectorSubject Alt.
- If you want to allow users to authenticate to the portal using either user credentials OR a client certificate, and you select an Authentication Profile for user authentication, theCertificate Profileis optional.
- If you want to allow users to authenticate to the portal using either user credentials OR a client certificate, and you do not select an Authentication Profile for user authentication, theCertificate Profileis required.
- Define the data that the GlobalProtect app collects from connecting endpoints after users successfully authenticate to the portal.The GlobalProtect app sends this data to the portal to match against the selection criteria that you define for each portal agent configuration. Based on this criteria, the portal delivers a specific agent configuration to the GlobalProtect apps that connect.
- SelectPortal Data Collection.
- Configure any of the following data collection settings:
- If you want the GlobalProtect app to collect machine certificates from connecting endpoints, select theCertificate Profilethat specifies the machines certificates that you want to collect.
- If you want the GlobalProtect app to collect custom host information from connecting endpoints, define the following registry or plist data in the Custom Checks area:
- To collect registry data from Windows endpoints, selectWindowsand thenAddtheRegistry Keyand correspondingRegistry Value.
- To collect plist data from macOS endpoints, selectMacand thenAddthePlistkey and correspondingKeyvalue.
- Save the portal configuration.
- ClickOKto save the settings.
- Committhe changes.
Recommended For You
Recommended videos not found.