User/Group Activity Reports
User/Group Activity reports summarize the web activity of individual users or user groups. Both reports include the same information except for the
Browsing Summary by URL Categoryand
Browse time calculations, which only the User Activity report includes.
You must configure User-ID on the firewall to access the list of users and user groups.
- Configure the browse times and number of logs for User/Group Activity reports.Required only if you want to change the default values.
- Select, edit the Logging and Reporting Settings, and select theDeviceSetupManagementLog Export and Reportingtab.
- For theMax Rows in User Activity Report, enter the maximum number of rows that the detailed user activity report supports (range is 1-1048576, default is 5000). This determines the number of logs that the report analyzes.
- Enter theAverage Browse Timein seconds that you estimate users should take to browse a web page (range is 0-300, default is 60). Any request made after the average browse time elapses is considered a new browsing activity. The calculation uses Container Pages (logged in the URL Filtering logs) as the basis and ignores any new web pages that are loaded between the time of the first request (start time) and the average browse time. For example, if you set theAverage Browse Timeto two minutes and a user opens a web page and views that page for five minutes, the browse time for that page will still be two minutes. This is done because the firewall can’t determine how long a user views a given page. The average browse time calculation ignores sites categorized as web advertisements and content delivery networks.
- For thePage Load Threshold, enter the estimated time in seconds for page elements to load on the page (default is 20). Any requests that occur between the first page load and the page load threshold are assumed to be elements of the page. Any requests that occur outside of the page load threshold are assumed to be the user clicking a link within the page.
- ClickOKto save your changes.
- Generate the User/Group Activity report.
- Select.MonitorPDF ReportsUser Activity Report
- ClickAddand then enter aNamefor the report.
- Create the report:
- User Activity Report—SelectUserand enter theUsernameorIP address(IPv4 or IPv6) of the user.
- Group Activity Report—SelectGroupand select theGroup Nameof the user group.
- Select theTime Periodfor the report.
- (Optional) Select theInclude Detailed Browsingcheck box (default is cleared) to include detailed URL logs in the report.The detailed browsing information can include a large volume of logs (thousands of logs) for the selected user or user group and can make the report very large.
- To run the report on demand, clickRun Now.
- To save the report configuration, clickOK. You can’t save the output of User/Group Activity reports on the firewall. To schedule the report for email delivery, see Schedule Reports for Email Delivery.
Monitor > PDF Reports > User Activity Report
Monitor > PDF Reports > User Activity Report Use this page to create reports that summarize the activity of individual users or user groups. Click ...
Device > Setup > Management
Device > Setup > Management Device > Setup > Management Panorama > Setup > Management On a firewall, select Device Setup Management to configure management ...
View the User Activity Report
View the User Activity Report This report provides a quick method of viewing user or group activity and also provides an option to view browse ...
Report Types The firewall includes predefined reports that you can use as-is, or you can build custom reports that meet your needs for specific data ...
View Reports The firewall provides an assortment of over 40 predefined reports that it generates every day. You can view these reports directly on the ...
View and Manage Reports
View and Manage Reports The reporting capabilities on the firewall allow you to keep a pulse on your network, validate your policies, and focus your ...
Configure a Group Activity Report on Panorama
Configure a Group Activity Report on Panorama Perform the following steps to generate a Group Activity report on Panorama. Group Activity reports summarize the web ...
Configure Custom URL Filtering Reports
Configure Custom URL Filtering Reports To generate a detailed report that you can schedule to run regularly, configure a custom URL Filtering report. You can ...
Monitor > PDF Reports > SaaS Application Usage
Monitor > PDF Reports > SaaS Application Usage Use this page to create a report that summarizes the SaaS application activity on your network. This ...