Traps Log Ingestion on Panorama
Panorama can now serve as a Syslog receiver that can ingest logs from the Traps ESM components using Syslog over TCP, UDP, or SSL. When you forward security events that the Traps agents report to the ESM Server on to Panorama, Panorama correlates discrete security events that occur on the endpoints with what’s happening on the network to trace any suspicious or malicious activity across the endpoints and the firewalls. This integrated view gives you more context on the chronology of events and the evidence you need to detect, identify, and respond to an incident.
Panorama virtual appliance in legacy mode cannot ingest Traps logs.
- Define the log ingestion profile on Panorama.
As Traps log formats are updated, the updated log definitions will be available through content updates on Panorama.
- Select PanoramaLog Ingestion Profile, and click Add.
- Enter a Name for the profile.
- Click Add and enter the details for the ESM Server. You can add up to four ESM Servers to a profile.
- Enter a Source Name.
- Specify the Port on which Panorama will be listening for syslog messages. The range is 23000 to 23999.
- Select the Transport layer protocol—TCP, UDP, or SSL.
- Select Traps_ESM for External Log type and 3.4.0+ from the Version drop-down.
- Attach the log ingestion profile to a Collector Group.
- Select PanoramaCollector GroupsLog Ingestion and Add the
log ingestion profile so that the Collector Group can receive logs
from the ESM Server(s) listed in the profile.If you are enabling SSL for secure syslog communication between Panorama and the ESM Server(s), you must attach an certificate for secure Syslog communication between the ESM Servers and the Managed Collectors in the Collector Group. In PanoramaManaged CollectorsGeneral, select the certificate to use for Inbound Certificate for Secure Syslog.
- Commit changes to Panorama and the Collector Group.
- Select PanoramaCollector GroupsLog Ingestion and Add the log ingestion profile so that the Collector Group can receive logs from the ESM Server(s) listed in the profile.
- Configure Panorama as a Syslog receiver on the ESM Server.
Enter the Syslog Port you specified in the
log ingestion profile on Panorama.For details on the other forwarding settings, refer to the Traps Administrator’s Guide.
- View ESM logs and correlated events on Panorama.
- Select MonitorExternal LogsTraps ESM to view the logs ingested in to Panorama.
- Select MonitorAutomated Correlation EngineCorrelated Events to view correlated events that Panorama generates when a Traps agent and the firewall have observed command and control activity from one or more infected hosts on your network.
Ingest Traps ESM Logs on Panorama
Ingest Traps ESM Logs on Panorama Visibility is a critical first step in preventing and reducing the impact of an attack. To help you meet ...
Panorama > Log Ingestion Profile
Panorama > Log Ingestion Profile Use the log ingestion profile to enable Panorama to receive logs from external sources. In PAN-OS 8.0.0, Panorama (in Panorama ...
Monitor > External Logs
Monitor > External Logs Use this page to view logs ingested from the Traps™ Endpoint Security Manager (ESM) into Log Collectors that are managed by ...
Collector Group Configuration
Collector Group Configuration To configure a Collector Group , click Add and complete the following fields. Collector Group Settings Configured In Description Name Panorama Collector ...
General Log Collector Settings
General Log Collector Settings Panorama > Managed Collectors > General Configure the settings as described in the following table to identify a Log Collector and ...
Panorama Features Traps Log Ingestion on Panorama Extended Support for Multiple Panorama Interfaces Streamlined Deployment of Software and Content Updates from Panorama Logging Enhancements on ...
Panorama Features New Panorama Features Description Direct Query of PA-7000 Series Firewalls from Panorama (PAN-OS 8.0.8 and later releases) With the new support for PA-7000 ...
Monitor Network Activity
Monitor Network Activity The Panorama™ management server provides a comprehensive, graphical view of network traffic. Using the visibility tools on Panorama—the Application Command Center (ACC), ...
Device > Server Profiles > Syslog
Device > Server Profiles > Syslog Select Device Server Profiles Syslog or Panorama Server Profiles Syslog to configure a server profile for forwarding firewall, Panorama, ...