Use the API Browser
Each firewall and Panorama provides an API browser that is accessible from your web browser. The API browser lets you navigate through and view the corresponding XPath and API URL.
- Launch the web interface.
- Use a web browser to navigate to the actual
FQDN or IP address of your firewall:https://<firewall>/
- Log in with your administrator credentials when prompted to log in to the web interface.
- Use a web browser to navigate to the actual FQDN or IP address of your firewall:
- Launch the API Browser.Go to the API browser URL on your firewall:https://<firewall>/api
- Drill-down to a request.When you first open the API browser, the available Request Types display.
- Select one of the request types to drill down to the next level of the XPath. Let’s start with Configuration Commands, which equates to type=report:
- Drill down further until you select a request that you want to test.
- Test a request.
- Select the URL to then test that request
in the browser.The browser shows the resulting XML response in the browser:Along with the URL, the API browser also provides the XPath as necessary, as shown here for a description of a predefined application:
- Select the URL to then test that request in the browser.
Use the Web Interface to Find XML API Syntax
Use the Web Interface to Find XML API Syntax You can use the web interface along with the available debug console to explore the XML ...
Access and Navigate Panorama Management Interfaces
Access and Navigate Panorama Management Interfaces Panorama provides three management interfaces: Web interface —The Panorama web interface has a look and feel similar to the ...
About the PAN-OS XML API
About the PAN-OS XML API The PAN-OS® and Panorama™ XML API allows you to manage firewalls and Panorama through a programmatic XML-based API. Use this ...
Asynchronous and Synchronous Requests to the PAN-OS XML API
Asynchronous and Synchronous Requests to the PAN-OS XML API Most PAN-OS XML API requests are synchronous, meaning the response immediately provides the requested data. For ...
ACC Widgets The widgets on each tab are interactive; you can set the ACC Filters and drill down into the details for each table or ...
Launch the Web Interface
Launch the Web Interface The following web browsers are supported for access to the web interface: Internet Explorer 11+ Firefox 3.6+ Safari 5+ Chrome 11+ ...
Launch the VM-Series Auto Scaling Template for AWS (v2.0)
Launch the VM-Series Auto Scaling Template for AWS (v2.0) You can choose to deploy the firewall template in one VPC and the sample application template ...
Structure of a PAN-OS XML API Request
Structure of a PAN-OS XML API Request An API request typically comprises a number of parameters, as shown in the example below: https:// /api/?type= &action= ...
Configure MFA Between RSA SecurID and the Firewall
Configure MFA Between RSA SecurID and the Firewall Multi-factor authentication allows you to protect company assets by using multiple factors to verify a user’s identity ...