Use Global Find to Search the Firewall or Panorama Management Server
Global Find enables you to search the candidate configuration on a firewall or on Panorama for a particular string, such as an IP address, object name, policy rule name, threat ID, application name. In addition to searching for configuration objects and settings, you can search by job ID or job type for manual commits that administrators performed or auto-commits that the firewall or Panorama performed. The search results are grouped by category and provide links to the configuration location in the web interface, so that you can easily find all of the places where the string is referenced. The search results also help you identify other objects that depend on or make reference to the search term or string. For example, when deprecating a security profile enter the profile name in Global Find to locate all instances of the profile and then click each instance to navigate to the configuration page and make the necessary change. After all references are removed, you can then delete the profile. You can do this for any configuration item that has dependencies.
Global Find will not search dynamic content (such as logs, address ranges, or allocated DHCP addresses). In the case of DHCP, you can search on a DHCP server attribute, such as the DNS entry, but you cannot search for individual addresses allocated to users. Global Find also does not search for individual user or group names identified by User-ID unless the user/group is defined in a policy. In general, you can only search content that the firewall writes to the configuration.
- Launch Global Find by clicking the Search icon located on the upper right of the web interface.
- To access the Global Find from within a configuration
area, click the drop-down next to an item and select Global
Find:For example, click Global Find on a zone named l3-vlan-trust to search the candidate configuration for each location where the zone is referenced. The following screen capture shows the search results for the zone l3-vlan-trust:Search tips:
- If you initiate a search on a firewall that has multiple virtual systems enabled or if custom Administrative Role Types are defined, Global Find will only return results for areas of the firewall in which the administrator has permissions. The same applies to Panorama device groups.
- Spaces in search terms are handled as AND operations. For example, if you search on corp policy, the search results include instances where corp and policy exist in the configuration.
- To find an exact phrase, enclose the phrase in quotation marks.
- To rerun a previous search, click Search (located on the upper right of the web interface) to see a list of the last 20 searches. Click an item in the list to rerun that search. Search history is unique to each administrator account.
Global Find Global Find enables you to search the candidate configuration on a firewall or on Panorama for a particular string, such as an IP ...
Block Search Results when Strict Safe Search is not Enabled
Block Search Results when Strict Safe Search is not Enabled By default, when you enable safe search enforcement, when a user attempts to perform a ...
Managed WildFire Cluster and Appliance Administration
Managed WildFire Cluster and Appliance Administration Select Panorama Managed WildFire Clusters and select a cluster to manage or select a WildFire appliance ( Panorama Managed ...
Safe Search Enforcement
Safe Search Enforcement Many search engines have a safe search setting that filters out adult images and videos in search query return traffic. You can ...
Use the Web Interface
Use the Web Interface The following topics describe how to use the firewall web interface. For detailed information about specific tabs and fields in the ...
Transparently Enable Safe Search for Users
Transparently Enable Safe Search for Users If you want to enforce filtering of search query results with the strictest safe search filters, but you don’t ...
Interact with the ACC
Interact with the ACC To customize and refine the ACC display, you can add, delete, export and import tabs, add and delete widgets, set local ...
Use the Tag Browser
Use the Tag Browser The tag browser provides a way to view all the tags used within a rulebase. In rulebases with a large number ...
Device > Setup > Management
Device > Setup > Management Device > Setup > Management Panorama > Setup > Management On a firewall, select Device Setup Management to configure management ...