Using the GlobalProtect App
The tabs in the GlobalProtect Settings panel, which opens when you launch the GlobalProtect app and select Settings from the Settings menu on the GlobalProtect status panel, contain useful information about status and settings and provide information to assist in troubleshooting connection issues.
- General tab—Displays the username and portal(s) associated with the GlobalProtect account. You can also add, delete, or modify portals from this tab.
- Connection tab—Displays the gateway(s) configured for the GlobalProtect app, and provides the following information about each gateway:
For internal mode, the Connection tab displays the entire list of available gateways. For external mode, the Connection tab displays the gateway to which you are connected and additional details about the gateway (such as gateway IP address and uptime).
- Gateway name
- Tunnel status
- Authentication status
- Connection type
- Gateway IP address or FQDN (only available in external mode)
- Host Profile tab—Displays the endpoint data that GlobalProtect uses to monitor and enforce security policies through the Host Information Profile (HIP). Click Resubmit Host Profile to manually resubmit HIP data to the gateway.
- Troubleshooting tab—On macOS endpoints, this tab allows you to Collect Logs and set the Logging Level. On Windows endpoints, this tab allows you to Collect Logs, set the Logging Level, and view the following information to assist in troubleshooting:
- Network Configurations—Displays the current system configuration.
- Routing Table—Displays information on how the GlobalProtect connection is currently routed.
- Sockets—Displays socket information for the current active connections.
- Logs—Allows the user to display logs for the GlobalProtect app and service. Choose the log type and debugging level. Click Start to begin logging and Stop to terminate logging.
- Notification tab—Displays the list of notifications triggered on the GlobalProtect app. To view more details about a specific notification, double-click the notification.
Customize the GlobalProtect App
Customize the GlobalProtect App The portal agent configuration allows you to customize how your end users interact with the GlobalProtect apps installed on their endpoints. ...
GlobalProtect Portals Agent App Tab
GlobalProtect Portals Agent App Tab Select Network GlobalProtect Portals Agent App to specify how end-users interact with the GlobalProtect apps installed on their systems. You ...
Test the GlobalProtect app for Chrome OS
Test the GlobalProtect App for Chrome OS Use the GlobalProtect app to view the connection status and information about the app, collect logs, or reset ...
Learn about the exciting new GlobalProtect™ features introduced in the PAN-OS® 8.1 release. ...
Remote Access VPN with Pre-Logon
Remote Access VPN with Pre-Logon Pre-logon is a connect method that establishes a VPN tunnel before a user logs in. The purpose of pre-logon is ...
Detailed Device Health in Panorama
Description of the Detailed Device View for device monitoring on Panorama™. ...
GlobalProtect Gateway Concepts
GlobalProtect Gateway Concepts These sections provide information about gateway connection priority in a multiple gateway configuration and MIB support for GlobalProtect gateways. Types of Gateways ...
About the GlobalProtect Components
About the GlobalProtect Components GlobalProtect provides a complete infrastructure for managing your mobile workforce to enable secure access for all your users, regardless of what ...
Test the App Installation
Test the App Installation Use the following procedure to test the GlobalProtect app installation. Create an agent configuration for testing the app installation. When initially ...