to create a tag, assign a color, delete, rename, and clone tags. Each object can have up to 64 tags; when an object has multiple tags, it displays the color of the first tag applied to it.
On the firewall, the
tab displays the tags that you define locally on the firewall or push from Panorama to the firewall; on Panorama, it displays the tags that you define on Panorama. This tab does not display the tags that are dynamically retrieved from the VM Information sources defined on the firewall for forming dynamic address groups, or tags that are defined using the XML API.
When you create a new tag, the tag is automatically created in the Virtual System or Device Group that is currently selected on the firewall or Panorama.
Enter a unique tag name (up to 127 characters). The name is not case-sensitive.
Select this option if you want the tag to be available to:
Every virtual system (vsys) on a multi-vsys firewall. If you clear this selection, the tag will be available only to the
Virtual Systemselected in the
Every device group on Panorama. If you clear this selection, the tag will be available only to the
Device Groupselected in the
Disable override (
Select this option to prevent administrators from overriding the settings of this tag in device groups that inherit the tag. This selection is cleared by default, which means administrators can override the settings for any device group that inherits the tag.
Select a color from the color palette in the drop-down. The default value is None.
Add a label or description to remind you what the tag is used for.
- Add a tag: To add a new tag, clickAddand then fill in the following fields:You can also create a new tag when you create or edit policy in thePoliciestab. The tag is automatically created in the Device Group or Virtual System that is currently selected.
- Edit a tag: To edit, rename, or assign a color to a tag, click the tag name that displays as a link and modify the settings.
- Delete a tag: To delete a tag, clickDeleteand select the tag in the window. You cannot delete a predefined tag.
- Move or Clone a tag: The options to move or clone a tag allows you to copy a tag or move a tag to a different Device Group or Virtual System on firewalls with multiple virtual systems enabled.
- ClickCloneorMoveand select the tag in the window. Select theDestinationlocation—Device Group or Virtual System—for the tag. Clear this selection forError out on first detected error in validationif you want the validation process to discover all the errors for the object before displaying the errors. By default, this option is enabled and the validation process stops when the first error is detected and only displays the error.
- Override or Revert a tag (Panorama only): The Override option is available if you have not selected the Disable override option when creating the tag. It allows you to override the color assigned to the tag that was inherited from a shared or ancestor device group. TheLocationfield displays the current device group. You can also select the Disable override to disable further overrides.
- To undo the changes on a tag, click Revert. When you revert a tag, theLocationfield displays the device group or virtual system from where the tag was inherited.
Recommended For You
Recommended videos not found.