Exclude Entries from an External Dynamic List
As you view the entries of an external dynamic list, you can exclude up to 100 entries from the list. The ability to exclude entries from an external dynamic list gives you the option to enforce policy on some (but not all) of the entries in a list. This is helpful if you cannot edit the contents of an external dynamic list (such as the Palo Alto Networks High-Risk IP Addresses feed) because it comes from a third-party source.
- View External Dynamic List Entries.
- Select up to 100 entries to exclude from the list and click
) or manually Add a
- You cannot save your changes to the external dynamic list if you have duplicate entries in the Manual Exceptions list. To identify duplicate entries, look for entries with a red underline.
- A manual exception must match a list entry exactly. For example, if an IP address range is included as a list entry and you manually enter a single IP address within the range as a list exception, the firewall will continue to enforce policy on all the IP addresses in the range. So, to exclude that single IP address, you must first make sure that it’s a standalone external dynamic list entry, and then manually add the same IP address to the list of exceptions.
- Click OK and Commit to save your changes.
- (Optional) Enforce Policy on an External Dynamic List.
Objects > External Dynamic Lists
Objects > External Dynamic Lists An external dynamic list is an address object based on an imported list of IP addresses, URLs, or domain names ...
Use an External Dynamic List in Policy
Use an External Dynamic List in Policy An external dynamic list (formerly called dynamic block list) is a text file that you or another source ...
View External Dynamic List Entries
View External Dynamic List Entries Before you Enforce Policy on an External Dynamic List , you can view the contents of an external dynamic list ...
External Dynamic List
External Dynamic List An External Dynamic List is a text file that is hosted on an external web server so that the firewall can import ...
External Dynamic List for BulletProof ISPs
A new built-in external dynamic list (EDL) gives you a way to block bulletproof hosting providers, as attackers frequently use these services to hsot and ...
Enforce Policy on an External Dynamic List
Enforce Policy on an External Dynamic List Block or allow traffic based on IP addresses or URLs in an external dynamic list, or use an ...
Configure the Firewall to Access an External Dynamic List
Configure the Firewall to Access an External Dynamic List You must establish the connection between the firewall and the source that hosts the external dynamic ...
Use an External Dynamic List in a URL Filtering Profile
Use an External Dynamic List in a URL Filtering Profile An External Dynamic List is a text file that is hosted on an external web ...