Enable BrightCloud URL Filtering
- Obtain and install a BrightCloud URL filtering
license and confirm that it is installed.BrightCloud has an option in the URL filtering profile (ObjectsSecurity ProfilesURL Filtering) to either allow all categories or block all categories if the license expires.
- Select DeviceLicenses and, in the License
Management section, select the license installation
- Activate feature using authorization code
- Retrieve license keys from license server
- Manually upload license key
- After installing the license, confirm that the BrightCloud URL Filtering section, Date Expires field, displays a valid date.
- Select DeviceLicenses and, in the License Management section, select the license installation method:
- Install the BrightCloud database.The way you do this depends on whether or not the firewall has direct Internet access.Firewall with Direct Internet AccessSelect DeviceLicenses and in the BrightCloud URL Filtering section, Active field, click the Activate link to install the BrightCloud database. This operation automatically initiates a system reset.Firewall without Direct Internet Access
- Download the BrightCloud database to a host
that has Internet access. The firewall must have access to the host:
- On a host with Internet access, go to the Palo Alto Networks Customer Support web site, www.paloaltonetworks.com/support/tabs/overview.html, and log in.
- In the Resources section, click Dynamic Updates.
- In the BrightCloud Database section, click Download and save the file to the host.
- Upload the database to the firewall:
- Log in to the firewall, select DeviceDynamic Updates and click Upload.
- For the Type, select URL Filtering.
- Enter the path to the File on the host or click Browse to find it, then click OK. When the Status is Completed, click Close.
- Install the database:
- Select DeviceDynamic Updates and click Install From File.
- For the Type, select URL Filtering. The firewall automatically selects the file you just uploaded.
- Click OK and, when the Result is Succeeded, click Close.
- Download the BrightCloud database to a host that has Internet access. The firewall must have access to the host:
- Enable cloud lookups for dynamically categorizing a URL
if the category is not available on the local BrightCloud database.
- Access the PAN-OS CLI.
- Enter the following commands to enable dynamic URL
> configure # set deviceconfig setting url dynamic-url yes # commit
- Schedule the firewall to download dynamic updates for
Applications and Threats signatures and URL filtering.You can only schedule dynamic updates if the firewall has direct Internet access.The Applications and Threats updates might contain updates for URL filtering related to the Safe Search Enforcement option in the URL filtering profile. For example, if Palo Alto Networks adds support for a new search provider vendor or if the method used to detect the Safe Search setting for an existing vendor changes, the Application and Threats updates will include that update.BrightCloud updates include a database of approximately 20 million websites that are stored locally on the firewall. You must schedule URL filtering updates to receive BrightCloud database updates.A Threat Prevention license is required to receive Antivirus and Applications and Threats updates.
- Select DeviceDynamic Updates.
- In the Applications and Threats section, Schedule field, click the None link to schedule periodic updates.
- In the URL Filtering section, Schedule field, click
the None link to schedule periodic updates.If updates are already scheduled in a section, the link text displays the schedule settings.
Enable PAN-DB URL Filtering
Enable PAN-DB URL Filtering Obtain and install a PAN-DB URL filtering license and confirm that it is installed. If the license expires, the firewall ceases ...
Install Content and Software Updates
Install Content Updates To ensure that you are always protected from the latest threats (including those that have not yet been discovered), you must ensure ...
Dynamic Content Updates
Palo Alto Networks frequently publishes updates to equip the firewall with the latest threat prevention and intelligence. ...
Schedule a Content Update Using Panorama
Schedule a Content Update Using Panorama Panorama™ requires a direct internet connection for scheduling Supported Updates on firewalls, Log Collectors, and WildFire® appliances and appliance ...
Schedule Dynamic Content Updates
Schedule Dynamic Content Updates Panorama > Device Deployment > Dynamic Updates To schedule an automatic download and installation of an update , click Schedules , ...
Enable a URL Filtering Vendor
Enable a URL Filtering Vendor To enable URL filtering on a firewall, you must purchase and activate a URL Filtering license for one of the ...
Supported Updates The software and content updates you can install vary based on which subscriptions are active on each firewall, Log Collector, and WildFire® appliance ...
Manage Software and Content Updates
Manage Software and Content Updates Panorama > Device Deployment > Software Panorama provides the following options for deploying software and content updates to firewalls and ...
Migrate Panorama and non-HA Firewalls from BrightCloud to P...
Migrate Panorama and non-HA Firewalls from BrightCloud to PAN-DB Perform this procedure to migrate the URL filtering vendor from BrightCloud to PAN-DB on Panorama and ...