Downgrade a Firewall to a Previous Maintenance Release
Because maintenance releases do not introduce new features, you can downgrade to a previous maintenance release in the same feature release without having to restore the previous configuration. A maintenance release is a release in which the third digit in the release version changes, for example a downgrade from 8.1.6 to 8.1.4 is considered a maintenance release downgrade because only the third digit in the release version is different.
Use the following procedure to downgrade to a previous maintenance release within the same feature release.
- Save a backup of the current configuration file.Although the firewall automatically creates a backup of the configuration, it is a best practice to create a backup before you downgrade and store it externally.
- Export named configuration snapshot (DeviceSetupOperations).
- Select the XML file that contains your running configuration (for example, running-config.xml) and click OK to export the configuration file.
- Save the exported file to a location external to the firewall. You can use this backup to restore the configuration if you have problems with the downgrade.
- Install the previous maintenance release image.If your firewall does not have internet access from the management port, you can download the software update from the Palo Alto Networks Support Portal. You can then manually Upload it to your firewall.
- Check Now (DeviceSoftware) for available images.
- Locate the version to which you want to downgrade. If the image is not already downloaded, then Download it.
- After the download completes, Install the image.
- After the installation completes successfully, reboot
using one of the following methods:
- If you are prompted to reboot, click Yes.
- If you are not prompted to reboot, go to Device Operations (DeviceSetupOperations) and Reboot Device.
Downgrade from PAN-OS 9.0
Downgrade from PAN-OS 9.0 The way you downgrade a firewall from PAN-OS 9.0 depends on whether you are downgrading to a previous feature release (where ...
Downgrade a Firewall to a Previous Feature Release
Downgrade a Firewall to a Previous Feature Release Use the following workflow to restore the configuration that was running before you upgraded to a different ...
Upgrade Firewalls Using Panorama
Follow these steps to upgrade your Panorama-managed firewalls to PAN-OS 9.0. ...
Upgrade the VM-Series for NSX Without Disrupting Traffic
Learn how to use Panorama to upgrade your VM-Series Firewall NSX edition firewalls without disrupting traffic. ...
Upgrade the VM-Series for NSX During a Maintenance Window
Use Panorama to upgrade the VM-Series firewall NSX edition during a maintenance window. ...
Upgrade/Downgrade Considerations The following table lists the new features that have upgrade or downgrade impact. Make sure you understand all upgrade/downgrade considerations before you upgrade ...
Upgrade an HA Firewall Pair to PAN-OS 9.0
Follow these steps to upgrade an HA firewall pair to PAN-OS 9.0. ...
Upgrade a Standalone Firewall to PAN-OS 9.0
Follow these steps to upgrade a standalone firewall to PAN-OS 9.0. ...