VM-Series Firewall Templates on Azure
You can deploy the VM-Series firewall on Azure using templates. Palo Alto Networks provides two kinds of templates—Solution templates and ARM templates.
- Solution Templates in the Azure Marketplace —The solution templates that are available in the Azure Marketplace allow you to deploy the VM-Series firewall using the Azure portal. You can use an existing resource group and storage account (or create them new) to deploy the VM-Series firewall with the following default settings for all regions except Azure China:
To use the solution template, see Deploy the VM-Series Firewall from the Azure Marketplace (Solution Template) for Azure China, see Deploy the VM-Series Firewall from the Azure China Marketplace (Solution Template).
- VNet CIDR 10.8.0.0/16; you can customize the CIDR to a different private IP address range.
- Three subnets— 10.8.0.0/24 (management), 10.8.1.0/24 (untrust), 10.8.2.0/24 (trust)
- Three network interfaces, one in each subnet. If you customize the VNet CIDR, the subnet ranges map to your changes.
- ARM Templates in the GitHub Repository—In addition to Marketplace based deployments, Palo Alto Networks provides Azure Resource Manager templates in the GitHub Repository to simplify the process of deploying the VM-Series firewall on Azure.
- Use the ARM Template to Deploy the VM-Series Firewall—The basic ARM template includes two JSON files (a Template file and a Parameters File) to help you deploy and provision all the resources within the VNet in a single, coordinated operation. These templates are provided under an as-is, best effort, support policy.If you want to use the Azure CLI to locate all the images available from Palo Alto Networks, you the need the following details to complete the command (show vm-image list):
- Publisher: paloaltonetworks
- Offer: vmseries1
- SKU: byol, bundle1, bundle 2
- Version: 8.1.0, 8.0.0, 7.1.1 or latest
- Deploy the VM-Series and Azure Application Gateway Template to support a scale out security architecture that protects your internet-facing web applications using two VM-Series firewalls between a pair of (external and internal) Azure load balancers VM-Series and Azure Application Gateway. This template is currently not available for Azure China.
In addition to the the ARM templates above that are covered under the Palo Alto Networks official support policy, Palo Alto Networks provides Community supported templatesin the Palo Alto Networks GitHub repository that allow you to explore the solutions available to jumpstart your journey into cloud automation and scale on Azure.
Set up the VM-Series Firewall on Azure
Set up the VM-Series Firewall on Azure VM-Series firewall on Azure brings the security features of Palo Alto Networks next generation firewall as a virtual ...
About the VM-Series Firewall on Azure
About the VM-Series Firewall on Azure The VM-Series firewall on Azure must be deployed in a virtual network (VNet) using the Resource Manager deployment mode. ...
Deploy the VM-Series Firewall from the Azure Marketplace (S...
Deploy the VM-Series Firewall from the Azure China Marketplace (Solution Template) The following instructions show you how to deploy the solution template for the VM-Series ...
Use the ARM Template to Deploy the VM-Series Firewall
Use the ARM Template to Deploy the VM-Series Firewall In addition to Marketplace based deployments, Palo Alto Networks provides a GitHub repository which hosts sample ...
Use Azure Security Center Recommendations to Secure Your Workloads
Based on a recommendation from the Azure Security Center dashboard, you can either deploy a new instance of the VM-Series firewall or connect your existing ...
Deploy the VM-Series Firewall on Azure Stack
Azure Stack is Microsoft’s Azure cloud within your own datacenter. Deploy the firewall to secure your workloads in your Azure Stack (on-premise) implementation and shift ...
Deploy the VM-Series Firewall on Azure (Solution Template)
Deploy the VM-Series Firewall from the Azure Marketplace (Solution Template) The following instructions describe how to deploy the solution template for the VM-Series firewall that ...
Deployments Supported on Azure
Deployments Supported on Azure Use the VM-Series firewall on Azure to secure your network users in the following scenarios: Hybrid and VNet to VNet —The ...
Integration with Azure Security Center
View high-priority firewall logs as security alerts on the Azure Security Center dashboard with the default Azure Security Center Log Forwarding profile. ...