The VM-Series firewall can be deployed on the following platforms:
- VM-Series for VMware vSphere Hypervisor (ESXi) and vCloud AirYou can deploy any VM-Series model as a guest virtual machine on VMware ESXi; ideal for cloud or networks where virtual form factor is required.
- VM-Series for VMware NSXThe VM-100, VM-200, VM-300, VM-500, or VM-1000-HV is deployed as a network introspection service with VMware NSX, and Panorama. This deployment is ideal for east-west traffic inspection, and it also can secure north-south traffic.For details, see Set Up the VM-Series Firewall on VMware NSX
- VM-Series for Amazon Web Services (AWS)You can deploy any VM-Series model, except the VM-50, on EC2 instances on the AWS Cloud.For details, see Set Up the VM-Series Firewall on AWS.
- VM-Series for Google Cloud PlatformYou can deploy any VM-Series model, except the VM-50 and the VM-50 Lite on Google Compute Engine instances. For details, see Deploy the VM-Series Firewall from Google Cloud Platform Marketplace.
- VM-Series for Kernel Virtualization Module (KVM)You can deploy any VM-Series model on a Linux server that is running the KVM hypervisor. For details, see Set Up the VM-Series Firewall on KVM.
- VM-Series for Microsoft Hyper-VYou can deploy any VM-Series model on a Windows Server 2012 R2 server with the Hyper-V role add-on enabled or a standalone Hyper-V 2012 R2 server. For details, see Set Up the VM-Series Firewall on Hyper-V.
- VM-Series for Microsoft AzureYou can deploy any VM-Series model, except the VM-50, on the Azure VNet.For details, see Set up the VM-Series Firewall on Azure.
- VM-Series for OpenStackYou can deploy any VM-Series model on KVM in your OpenStack environment. For details, see Set Up the VM-Series Firewall on OpenStack.
Bootstrap the VM-Series Firewall
Bootstrap the VM-Series Firewall Bootstrapping allows you to create a repeatable and streamlined process of deploying new VM-Series firewalls on your network because it allows ...
About the VM-Series Firewall on Azure
About the VM-Series Firewall on Azure The VM-Series firewall on Azure must be deployed in a virtual network (VNet) using the Resource Manager deployment mode. ...
VM-Series Firewalls The hypervisors and the public cloud regions in which you can deploy the VM-Series firewalls: VM-Series Firewall Hypervisor Support Partner Interoperability for VM-Series ...
VM-Series Firewall Hypervisor Support
VM-Series Firewall Hypervisor Support The following table shows hypervisor version support on the VM-Series firewall. Deployment PAN-OS Version Support Hypervisor Version Support I/O Enhancement Support ...
Switch Between the BYOL and the PAYG Licenses
Switch Between the BYOL and the PAYG Licenses The VM-Series firewall cannot be converted between the BYOL and PAYG licensing options. If you have already ...
VM-Series Models The VM-Series firewall is available in the following models—VM-50, VM-100, VM-200, VM-300, VM-500, VM-700 and VM-1000-HV. All models can be deployed as guest ...
Set up the VM-Series Firewall on Azure
Set up the VM-Series Firewall on Azure VM-Series firewall on Azure brings the security features of Palo Alto Networks next generation firewall as a virtual ...
About the VM-Series Firewall
About the VM-Series Firewall The Palo Alto Networks VM-Series firewall is the virtualized form of the Palo Alto Networks next-generation firewall. It is positioned for ...