Manage Autonomous DEM Mobile Users and Remote Sites
Learn how to monitor and manage your registered Autonomous DEM users and remote sites.
After you purchase and activate your Autonomous DEM (ADEM) license for your Prisma Access users and Remote Sites, you can enable ADEM for specific Prisma Access users and assign app tests to them.
Use the following steps to begin monitoring your users’ digital experiences with ADEM:
- Enable ADEM for your Prisma Access users and remote sites.For Mobile UsersADEM is supported for your Prisma Access mobile users with Windows or MacOS endpoints running GlobalProtect version 5.2.8 or later.The steps for enabling ADEM for your users depends on if you are using Panorama Managed Prisma Access or Cloud Managed Prisma Access. After you enable ADEM for a user, the ADEM configuration will be pushed to the GlobalProtect app the next time the user connects and the app will register with the ADEM service.For Remote Sites:ADEM for Remote Sites can be enabled only if aggregate bandwidth is enabled on Prisma Access. ADEM is supported for your Prisma Access and Prisma SD-WAN remote sites on all the ION platforms running version 5.6.1 and above.The steps for enabling ADEM for your remote sites depends on if you are using Panorama Managed Prisma Access or Cloud Managed Prisma Access. After you enable ADEM on Prisma Access with aggregate bandwidth enabled on the compute location, the ADEM configuration will be pushed to the Prisma SD-WAN remote site devices allowing the remote sites to register with the ADEM portal.
- To see all registered ADEM users, from the Prisma Access app on the hub .
- Mobile Users:Select.Autonomous DEMSettingsEndpoint Agent ManagementThis tab shows all registered ADEM users and indicates whether the user is online (the user device is sending keep-alive messages to the ADEM service) or offline (the ADEM service has not received a keep-alive message from the user device in the last ten minutes), when the user device was last seen, the username, device type, and hostname of the ADEM user, and what ADEM agent version they are running.
- Remote Networks:Select.Autonomous DEMSettingsRemote Site Agent ManagementThis tab shows a list of all the remote sites. These sites will have the same names that you have configured on your Prisma SD-WAN remote sites. It also displays the model number, the host name, if they are configured for high availablity, and whether they are online. You can enable or disable monitoring for each site and you can delete them also from this tab.Application tests are always executed from the devices that are active on the remote sites. The devices are registered and tests executed on them based on the site name regardless of the appliance on which the tests are running. As long as the devices are a part of the same remote site, all the configurations are tracked based on the site name. So, even if you change your device at a later time, as long as the device is on the same remote site, ADEM will continue to run the tests on them.
- Assign app tests to your registered ADEM users and remote sites.When you create a new app test, you can assign it to ADEM remote sites or all registered ADEM users (default) or choose specific users to assign a test to, or you can assign the tests to both remote sites and users. If you have already created a test to be assigned to all registered ADEM users or remote sites, any tests will automatically start running on an endpoint or the remote site as soon as it registers with ADEM. Once a test is started on an endpoint or remote site, it will send metrics from the app test to the ADEM service every five minutes.
- To temporarily stop an endpoint from running assigned app tests or on the Prisma SD-WAN remote sites, select the user and remote site for whom you want to suspend app tests and toggle theMonitoring State.Note that if you disable monitoring, the user is still counted as a licensed ADEM user.
- To unregister an endpoint or remote site from ADEM, select the user(s) or remote site to remove and then click the trash can icon in theActioncolumn.Unregistering a user frees up an ADEM license.
- To set the upgrade preferences for all the users, clickUpgrade NoworAuto Upgradefrom theUpgrade Optionsmenu.
Recommended For You
Recommended videos not found.