Supported File Types
File types supported by Enterprise data loss prevention (DLP).
The following lists the supported file operations, upload parameters, file types, and actions.
- File operations—You can upload files using HTTP and HTTPS (no FTP or SMTP) using:
- (DLP 3.0.1 and earlier releases) HTTP/1.1Some applications, such as SharePoint and OneDrive, use HTTP/2 by default. To use HTTP/2 files with HTTP/1.1, you need to create a decryption profile and a Security policy rule to strip out the application-layer protocol negotiation (ALPN) extension in headers. See Enable Enterprise DLP for Managed Firewalls for more information.
- (DLP 3.0.2 and later releases) HTTP/1.1 and HTTP/2
- Data flow—File uploads are supported (downloads are not supported).
- Concurrent file uploads—25 concurrent file uploads are supported.
- File size—Files of up to 20MB are supported. The maximum file size also applies to extracted files.(DLP 3.0.3 and later releases) Box Web App and Web Browsing applications support file of up to 100MB. All other supported applications support files of up to 20MB.If you use Box to upload multiple files and one or more of the files are larger than 20MB, the upload of all files will stall. To continue, find the files in Box that are larger than 20MB and clickXto stop the upload of those files.
- File types—Enterprise DLP supports inspection of the following file types.
- Microsoft Office (.doc, .docx, .ppt, .pptx, .xls, .xlsx)
- Microsoft Viso (.vsd, .vsdm, .vsdx)Requires Application and Threats content release 8656-7766 or later versions installed on Panorama and managed firewalls, or Cloud Management deployment.
- iWork (Keynote, Numbers, Pages)Requires Application and Threats content release 8529 or later versions installed on Panorama and managed firewalls, or Cloud Management deployment.
- Image files (.jpg, .jpeg, .png, .tif, .tiff)Detection of image files requires you to enable Optical Character Recognition (OCR) on the DLP app or Cloud Management.
- Source Code File Types—Enterprise DLP supports inspection of the following source code file types.
- Cfamily—C, C++, C+, C#, Objective C
- ZIP Files—Enterprise DLP supports inspection of ZIP and 7Z (7-ZIP file archiver) files containing the supported file types listed above.The Enterprise DLP cloud service supports single level compression of files only.The Enterprise DLP cloud service does not support scanning multilevel compressed files. For example, the DLP cloud service cannot scan and render a verdict on the file contents of a zip file if its been compressed more than once.
- Response—Block and Alert actions are supported for HTTP and HTTPS files. However, the Block page does not display the name of the file that the managed firewall blocked.
Recommended For You
Recommended videos not found.