Download and Install the GlobalProtect Agent for Windows
Before connecting to the GlobalProtect network, you must download and install the agent on your endpoint.
To download and install the agent, you must have the IP address or fully qualified domain name (FQDN) of the GlobalProtect portal. Your administrator can provide the IP address or FQDN. In addition, the administrator should verify the username and password you should use to connect to the portal. Typically, you will use the same username and password that you use to connect to your corporate network. After you gather the required information, download and install the agent:
To run GlobalProtect agent 4.0, Windows endpoints require Visual C++ Redistributables 12.0.3 for Visual Studio 2013. If you have not already installed any redistributable packages on your endpoint, the GlobalProtect agent installs Visual C++ Redistributables 12.0.3 automatically. If you have already installed Visual C++ Redistributables 12.0.2 or an earlier release, you must either uninstall the existing redistributable packages from your endpoint or upgrade to Visual C++ Redistributables 12.0.3 prior to installing the GlobalProtect agent.
- Log in to the GlobalProtect portal.
- Launch a web browser and go to the following URL:https://<portal IP address or FQDN>Example:http://gp.acme.com
- On the portal login page, enter yourName(username) andPasswordand thenLogin. Typically, you use the same username and password you use to log in to your corporate network.
- Navigate to the agent download page.In most cases, you will see an agent download page when you log in to the portal. Use this page to download the latest agent software package.If your system administrator has enabled GlobalProtect Clientless VPN access, you will see an applications page (instead of the agent download page) when you log in to the portal. SelectGlobalProtect Agentto open the download page.
- Download the agent.
- Click the link that corresponds to the operating system that is running on your computer to begin the download. If you are not sure whether the operating system is 32-bit or 64-bit, ask your system administrator before you proceed.
- When prompted,Runthe software.
- When prompted again,Runthe GlobalProtect Setup Wizard.
- Complete the GlobalProtect agent setup.
- In the GlobalProtect Setup Wizard, clickNext.
- ClickNextto accept the default installation folder(C:\Program Files\Palo Alto Networks\GlobalProtect) orBrowseto a new location and then clickNexttwice.
- After the installation finishes,Closethe wizard. The GlobalProtect agent starts automatically.
- Log in to GlobalProtect.
- Right-click the GlobalProtect system tray icon ( ) in the system tray and selectShow Panelto log in to GlobalProtect.
- On theHometab, enter the FQDN or IP address of thePortalthat your GlobalProtect administrator provided and clickConnect.
- If prompted, enter yourUsernameandPassword. If authentication is successful, you are connected to your corporate network. If your administrator set up a GlobalProtect welcome page, it will display after you log in successfully.
Recommended For You
Recommended videos not found.