Download and Install the GlobalProtect App for Mac
To download and install the app, you must obtain the IP address or fully qualified domain name (FQDN) of the GlobalProtect portal from the administrator. The administrator should also verify the username and password that you can use to connect to the portal. In most instances, you can use the same username and password that you use to connect to your corporate network. After you gather the required information, use the following steps to download and install the app:
- Log in to the GlobalProtect portal.
- Launch a web browser and go to the following URL:https://<portal IP address or FQDN>Example:http://gp.acme.com
- On the portal login page, enter yourName(username) andPassword, and then clickLOG IN. In most instances, you can use the same username and password that you use to connect to your corporate network.
- Navigate to the app download page.In most instances, the app download pages appears immediately after you log in to the portal. Use this page to download the latest app software package.If your system administrator has enabled GlobalProtect Clientless VPN access, the applications page opens after you log in to the portal (instead of the app download page). SelectGlobalProtect Agentto open the download page.
- Download the app.
- ClickDownload Mac 32/64 bit GlobalProtect agent.
- When prompted,Runthe software.
- When prompted again,Runthe GlobalProtect Installer.
- Complete the GlobalProtect app setup using the GlobalProtect Installer.
- From the GlobalProtect Installer, clickContinue.
- On theDestination Selectscreen, select the installation folder for the GlobalProtect app, and then clickContinue.
- On theInstallation Typescreen, select theGlobalProtectinstallation package check box, and then clickContinue.
- ClickInstallto confirm that you want to install GlobalProtect.
- When prompted, enter yourUser NameandPassword, and then clickInstall Softwareto begin the installation.
- After installation is complete,Closethe installer.
- Log in to GlobalProtect.
- Launch the GlobalProtect app by clicking the system tray icon. The status panel opens.
- Enter the FQDN or IP address of the portal that your GlobalProtect administrator provided, and then clickConnect.
- (Optional) By default, you are automatically connected to theBest Availablegateway, based on the configuration that the administrator defines and the response times of the available gateways. To connect to a different gateway, select the gateway from theGatewaydrop-down (for external gateways only).This option is only available if your administrator enables manual gateway selection.
- (Optional) Depending on the connection mode, clickConnectto initiate the connection.
- (Optional) If prompted, enter yourUsernameandPassword, and then clickSign In. If authentication is successful, you are connected to your corporate network, and the status panel displays theConnectedorConnected - Internalstatus. If your administrator sets up a GlobalProtect welcome page, it displays after you log in successfully.
Recommended For You
Recommended videos not found.