Redistribute HIP Reports
To ensure consistent Host Information Profile (HIP) policy enforcement and to simplify policy management, you can distribute HIP reports received from the GlobalProtect app—and sent to an internal or external GlobalProtect gateway—to other gateways, firewalls, Dedicated Log Collectors (DLC), and Panorama appliances in the enterprise. HIP report redistribution can be useful in the following cases:
- You want to apply consistent policies to both internal and external GlobalProtect gateways.
- You want to apply consistent HIP policies for traffic for a specific user that goes through multiple firewalls.
To redistribute HIP reports, use the same deployment recommendations and best practices that you use to redistribute User-ID information.
Use the following steps to configure HIP report redistribution.
- Configure HIP-Based Policy Enforcement for your gateways and firewalls.
- Configure HIP report redistribution.
- Select.DeviceUser IdentificationUser-ID Agents
- Select an existing orAdda new User-ID agent.The agent must be a Palo Alto Networks next-generation firewall, a GlobalProtect gateway, a DLC, or a Panorama appliance.
- SelectHIP Report.
- If you use GlobalProtect firewalls or gateways to distribute HIP reports, make sure that the group mapping settings on the firewalls or gateways that you use to redistribute the HIP reports match the following attributes on the firewalls or gateways where you have User-ID configured.If you use a Panorama appliance or DLC to distribute HIP reports, skip this step.
- Configure the user attributes on the HIP report redistribution firewalls or gateways to match the user attributes on the User-ID firewalls or gateways.For example, if the firewalls or gateways used for HIP report redistribution has a sAMAccountName ofPrimary attributeand a User Principal Name (UPN) ofAlternate Username 1, make sure that you configure the same values on the firewalls or gateways where you have configured User-ID.The attributes do not have to be in the same order; for example, if the HIP report redistribution firewall has a sAMAccountName ofPrimary attributeand a UPN ofAlternate Username 1, you can configure the User-ID firewall with a sAMAccountName ofAlternate Usernameand a UPN ofPrimary attribute 1.
- If your deployment has user domains configured in its group mapping, configure the user domain attributes on the HIP report redistribution firewalls or gateways to match the user domain attributes on the User-ID firewalls or gateways. User domain attributes must be consistent across all firewalls and gateways.
- Configure the common user groups (the user groups on the firewalls and gateways that connect to the same authentication servers and retrieve the same user groups) on the HIP report redistribution firewalls or gateways to match the user groups on the User-ID firewalls or gateways.
- Redistribute the HIP reports to your managed Panorama appliances, gateways, firewalls, and virtual systems using the same workflow you use to redistribute User-ID information to managed firewalls.
Recommended For You
Recommended videos not found.