Configure an Administrative Account for a Dedicated Log Collector
Create and configure admin user with granular authentication parameters for the Dedicated Log Collector.
Create one or more administrators with granular authentication parameters for your Dedicated Log Collector to manage from the Panorama™ management server. Additionally, you can configure local administrators from Panorama that can be configured directly on the CLI of the Dedicated Log Collector. However, pushing new configuration changes to a Dedicated Log Collector overwrites existing local administrators with the administrators configured for the Dedicated Log Collector.
- (Optional) Configure an authentication profile to define the authentication service that validates the login credentials of the administrators who access the Dedicated Log Collector CLI.
- Configure one or more administrator accounts as needed.The administrator accounts created on Panorama are later imported to the Dedicated Log Collector and managed from Panorama.
- Configure the authentication for the Dedicated Log Collector.
- Selectand select the Dedicated Log Collector you previously added.PanoramaManaged Collectors
- (Optional) Select theAuthentication Profileyou configured in the previous step.
- Configure the authenticationTimeout Configurationfor the Dedicated Log Collector.
- Enter the number ofFailed Attempts before a user is locked out of the Dedicated Log Collector CLI.
- Enter theLockout Time, in minutes, for which the Dedicated Log Collector locks out a user account after that user reaches the configured number ofFailed Attempts.
- Enter theIdle Timeout, in minutes, before the user account is automatically logged out due to inactivity.
- Enter theMax Session Countto set how many user accounts can simultaneously access the Dedicated Log Collector.
- Enter theMax Session Timethe administrator can be logged in before being automatically logged out.
- Add the Dedicated Log Collector administrators.Administrators may either be added as a local administrator or as an imported Panorama administrator—but not both. Adding the same administrator as both a local administrator and as an imported Panorama administrator is not supported and causes the Panorama commit to fail. For example, the commit to Panorama fails if you addadmin1as both a local and Panorama administrator.
- Addand configure new administrators unique to the Dedicated Log Collector. These administrators are specific to the Dedicated Log Collector for which they are created and you manage these administrators from this table.
- Addany administrators configured on Panorama. These administrators are created on Panorama and imported to the Dedicated Log Collector.
- ClickOKto save the Dedicated Log Collector authentication configuration.
- Commitand thenCommit and Pushyour configuration changes.
- Log in to the Panorama CLI of the Dedicated Log Collector to verify you can successfully access the Dedicated Log Collector using the local admin user.
Recommended For You
Recommended videos not found.