Schedule a Content Update Using Panorama
Table of Contents
Expand all | Collapse all
- Upgrade Panorama with an Internet Connection
- Upgrade Panorama Without an Internet Connection
- Install Content Updates Automatically for Panorama without an Internet Connection
- Upgrade Panorama in an HA Configuration
- Migrate Panorama Logs to the New Log Format
- Upgrade Panorama for Increased Device Management Capacity
- Upgrade Panorama and Managed Devices in FIPS-CC Mode
- Downgrade from Panorama 11.0
- Troubleshoot Your Panorama Upgrade
- What Updates Can Panorama Push to Other Devices?
- Schedule a Content Update Using Panorama
- Panorama, Log Collector, Firewall, and WildFire Version Compatibility
- Upgrade Log Collectors When Panorama Is Internet-Connected
- Upgrade Log Collectors When Panorama Is Not Internet-Connected
- Upgrade a WildFire Cluster from Panorama with an Internet Connection
- Upgrade a WildFire Cluster from Panorama without an Internet Connection
- Upgrade Firewalls When Panorama Is Internet-Connected
- Upgrade Firewalls When Panorama Is Not Internet-Connected
- Upgrade a ZTP Firewall
- Revert Content Updates from Panorama
- PAN-OS Upgrade Checklist
- Upgrade/Downgrade Considerations
- Troubleshoot Your PAN-OS Upgrade
- Upgrade the VM-Series PAN-OS Software (Standalone)
- Upgrade the VM-Series PAN-OS Software (HA Pair)
- Upgrade the VM-Series PAN-OS Software Using Panorama
- Upgrade the VM-Series Model
- Upgrade the VM-Series Model in an HA Pair
- Downgrade a VM-Series Firewall to a Previous Release
Schedule a Content Update Using Panorama
Panorama™ requires a direct internet connection for scheduling Supported Updates on firewalls, Log Collectors, and WildFire® appliances and appliance clusters. Otherwise, you can perform only on-demand updates. (To schedule Antivirus, WildFire, or BrightCloud URL updates for Log Collectors, the Log Collectors must be running Panorama 7.0.3 or a later release.) Each firewall, Log Collector, or WildFire appliance or appliance cluster receiving an update generates a log to indicate that the installation succeeded (a Config log) or failed (a System log). To schedule updates on the Panorama management server, see Install Updates for Panorama with an Internet Connection.
Before deploying updates, see Panorama, Log Collector, Firewall, and WildFire Version Compatibility for important details about content release version compatibility. Refer to the Release Notes for the minimum content release version you must install for a Panorama release.
Panorama can download only one update at a time for updates of the same type. If you schedule multiple updates of the same type to download during the same time Recurrence, only the first download succeeds.
If your firewalls connect directly to the Palo Alto Networks® Update Server, you can also use Panorama templates (
) to push content update schedules to the firewalls. If you want to delay the installation of updates for a period after they are released, you must deploy schedules using templates. In rare instances, a content update includes errors; specifying a delay increases the likelihood that Palo Alto Networks will identify and remove such an update from the Update Server before your firewalls install it.
Perform the following steps for each update type you want to schedule.
- Select, clickPanoramaDevice DeploymentDynamic UpdatesSchedules, andAdda schedule.
- Specify aName(to identify the schedule), the updateType, and the update frequency (Recurrence). The frequency options depend on the updateType.PAN-OS® uses the Panorama timezone for update scheduling.If you set theTypetoApp and Threat, Log Collectors install and need only the Applications content, not the Threats content. Firewalls use both Applications and Threats content. For details, see Panorama, Log Collector, Firewall, and WildFire Version Compatibility.
- Select one of the following schedule actions and then select the firewalls or Log Collectors:
- Download And Install(Best Practice)—SelectDevices(firewalls),Log Collectors, orWildFire Appliances and Clusters.
- Download Only—Panorama downloads the update but does not install it.
- Selectand thenCommitCommit to PanoramaCommityour changes.