Give the Right People Access to Insights
The hub is a single place where you can access the Palo Alto Networks cloud services and apps for your organization. The Insights app available to Prisma Access users,, and you can find it on the hub. To access the Insights app, you—and any others you’d like to use the app—must be assigned the required hub role. Additionally, users to whom you want to send Prisma Access alert notifications must also have a hub role that grants them access to Insights.
Only one of these roles is needed to use Insights and to receive Prisma Access alerts. The role you assign depends on the level of access the user requires and the management interface you’re using for Prisma Access (Panorama or the Prisma Access app).
- Account Administrator—The account administrator role on the hub is automatically assigned to the first user from your organization to register on the Palo Alto Networks customer support portal. However, other users can also have this role; there’s no limit to the number of users to which you can assign this or any other role. Account administrators can access any of your organization’s apps (including Insights), and you must be an account administrator to assign roles to other users.
- (Panorama Managed Prisma Access)A Panorama role—A Panorama app administrator and instance administrator can access and use the Insights app.Granting a user a Panorama role on the hub does not affect or impact Panorama access permissions. Right now, the Panorama hub role only controls access to the Insights app.
- (Cloud Managed Prisma Access only)A Prisma Access role—A Prisma Access app administrator and instance administrator can access and use the Insights app. If you can log in to the Prisma Access app, you already have one of these roles; they’re the same roles required to use the Prisma Access app for cloud management.
Here’s how to view your hub role assignments and assign hub roles for Insights to other members of your support account:
- View hub role assignments.
- Use the credentials associated with your Palo Alto Networks support account to log in to the hub.
- Click the settings gear that’s located on the top right of the page, and selectAccess Management.
- The Access Management page lists all the users in your organization and the roles to which they’re assigned.Account administrators have access to all of your organization’s apps. Other roles are specific to apps or even app instances.
- Assign a user one of the roles required for Insights.
- On the hub Access Management page, search for and select the user to whom you want to assign a role.
- ClickAssign Roles.
- Assign roles at the account level, app level, or instance level.
- Account—Assign theAccount Administratorrole to the user. Account administrators can access all apps associated with this account.
- Panorama—Assign the PanoramaApp AdministratororInstance Administratorroles to the user. Depending on the access level you choose, the user will be able to access Insights data and receive alerts for all your Panorama Managed Prisma Access instances or only specific instances. Granting a user a Panorama role on the hub does not affect or impact Panorama access permissions. Right now, the Panorama hub role only controls access to the Insights app.This role is for Panorama Managed Prisma Access users only. Do not use this role if you’re using the Prisma Access app for Cloud Managed Prisma Access.
- Prisma Access—Assign the Prisma AccessApp AdministratororInstance Administratorroles to the user. Depending on the access level you choose, the user will be able to access Insights data and receive alerts for all your Cloud Managed Prisma Access instances or only specific instances. This is the same role required to access the Prisma Access app for Cloud Managed Prisma Access. Granting users this role will mean they can also access the Prisma Access app.This role is for Cloud Managed Prisma Access users only. Do not use this role if you’re using Panorama to manage Prisma Access.
Recommended For You
Recommended videos not found.