Activate and Install Prisma Access
Use the following workflow to activate your Prisma Access licenses and download and install the Cloud Services plugin. If you are upgrading an existing Prisma Access deployment to a new version, use the workflow in the Prisma Access Release Notes (Panorama Managed) to upgrade the Cloud Services plugin.
- Before you begin, make sure that you have the following information and resources:
- Be sure that your user account has one of the following roles in the Hub:
- Account administrator
- Panorama administratorandCortex Data Lake app administrator
- Be sure that you have the order fulfillment email that contains the activation links that are required to activate Prisma Access.
- If you are going to set up Prisma Access in High Availability (HA) mode with a primary and secondary Panorama, Configure Panorama Appliances in High Availability for Prisma Access before you license and activate Prisma Access.
- (Optional) If you will use an existing Panorama to manage Prisma Access, be sure you that the Panorama on which you will install the Cloud Services plugin (which activates Prisma Access) is running a minimum version of 9.0.4 or 9.1.1.During product activation, you can select an existing Panorama to manage Prisma Access, if that Panorama has a valid support license. Alternatively, if you have a licensed Panorama that you have not yet installed, you can select that Panorama during product activation. In either case, the activation process allows the Panorama appliance you select to manage Prisma Access, and you must make sure that the Panorama appliance is running the minimum software version.Your Panorama must be running a minimum version of 9.0.4before installing the 1.6 Cloud Services plugin. PAN-OS 9.1.1 is also supported with the 1.6 plugin, but if you are upgrading from an earlier plugin version, you should upgrade the plugin to 1.6 before upgrading your Panorama from 9.0.x to 9.1.1, because earlier plugin versions are not compatible with PAN-OS 9.1.1. The Cloud Services plugin 1.6 and later require Panorama version 9.0.4 or 9.1.1 as the minimum version. Installing the 1.6 plugin on a Panorama running 8.1 or earlier is not supported, and will result in an unsupported configuration and data loss.While using Panorama 9.1 is supported with Prisma Access, upgrading to Panorama 9.1 does not give you access to 9.1 features in Prisma Access. The Prisma Access infrastructure supports PAN-OS features up to release 9.0.Make a note of the serial number of the Panorama appliance; you use that serial number in a later step.
- When you receive the activation email from Palo Alto Networks, clickActivateto activate your products.
- Select the products you want to activate; then, clickStart Activation.In most cases, activate all products that display; however, if you want to associate Prisma Access with a Cortex Data Lake you have already activated, deselectCortex Data Lake.
- Assign the products you selected with a Customer Support Account; then, clickNext.If you have multiple support accounts associated with your email, select the account to which you want to assign the products.
- Choose the Panorama appliance that will manage Prisma Access; then, clickNext.
- To use an existing Panorama appliance, selectUse existing Panoramaand select the serial number of the Panorama appliance that you want to use.
- If you want to register a new Panorama appliance, review the steps to register either a Panorama virtual or hardware appliance.Enter the serial number of the Panorama appliance in theEnter Serial #area.
- Choose the Cortex Data Lake options; then, clickConfirm Selections.
The progress bar can appear to pause during product activation. Wait until the progress bar reaches 100%. The activation process takes approximately 20 minutes.
- In theCortex Data Lake Selectionarea, choose whether to activate a new Cortex Data Lake instance (Activate New), or select an existing Cortex Data Lake instance.
- In theRegion Selectionarea, select a region for Cortex Data Lake.
- When set up is complete, copy the one-time password (OTP). You use this in a later step to verify your account on Panorama.
- Download and install the Cloud Services plugin.See the Palo Alto Networks Compatibility Matrix for the Panorama versions that are supported with the Cloud Services plugin.You can either download the plugin from the Customer Support Portal, or you can check for plugin updates directly from Panorama.
After you install the Cloud Services plugin, the plugin creates a Panorama administrative user with a username of__cloud_services. This user account is required to enable communication between Enterprise DLP on Prisma Access and the Prisma Access management infrastructure. Palo Alto Networks recommends that you change the password for this administrative user in accordance with your organization’s password policy.If you delete the__cloud_servicesuser, you must re-add the user manually. The account is used to register and activate Enterprise DLP on Prisma Access, and for continued DLP scanning using the data patterns and data filtering profiles referenced in security policy rules.Installing a newer version of the Cloud Services plugin overwrites the previously installed version. If you are installing the plugin for the first time, after you successfully install, Panorama refreshes and the Cloud Services menu displays on thePanoramatab.
- To download and install the Cloud Services plugin by downloading it from the Customer Support Portal, complete the following steps.
- Find the Cloud Services plugin in the Panorama Integration Plug In section and download it.Do not rename the plugin file or you will not be able to install it on Panorama.
- Log in to the Panorama Web Interface of the Panorama you licensed for use with the Prisma Access, selectandPanoramaPluginsUploadBrowsefor the pluginFilethat you downloaded from the CSP.
- Installthe plugin.
- To download and install the new version of the Cloud Services plugin directly from Panorama, complete the following steps:
- Selectand clickPanoramaPluginsCheck Nowto display the latest Cloud Services plugin updates.
- Downloadthe plugin version you want to install.
- After downloading the plugin,Installit.
- Retrieve the Prisma Access license(s).
- Selectand clickPanoramaLicensesRetrieve license keys from license server.
- Verify that you have the licenses for the Prisma Access components you plan to use.
- Verify your account.When you try to use the Cloud Services plugin for the first time after installing it, you will be prompted to verify your account. This step ensures that the Panorama serial number is registered to use Prisma Access and enables a secure communication path between the Prisma Access components and Panorama.
- In Panorama, selectand clickPanoramaCloud ServicesConfigurationVerify.IfVerifyis disabled, check that you have configured a DNS server and NTP server on.PanoramaSetupServices
- Paste theOne-time Passwordyou copied from Step 8 and clickOK.You have ten minutes to enter the OTP before it expires.
- Apply device group changes in the Prisma Access infrastructure.Prisma Access moves all device groups under theSharedhierarchy. This step applies the device group changes to your configuration.
- Select.PanoramaCloud ServicesConfigurationService Setup
- Click the gear icon to edit theSettings.
- Make sure thatService_Conn_Device_Groupis selected as theDevice Group NameandSharedis selected as theParent Device Group.
- ClickOK.Do not clickCancel, even if you did not make any changes to this page.
- Continue to configure your Prisma Access deployment by Enabling the Service Infrastructure.
Recommended For You
Recommended videos not found.