Activate and Install Prisma Access (Panorama Managed)
Use the following workflow to activate your Prisma Access (Panorama Managed) licenses and download and install the Cloud Services plugin. If you are upgrading an existing Prisma Access deployment to a new version, use the workflow in the Prisma Access Release Notes (Panorama Managed) to upgrade the Cloud Services plugin.
Before you begin your installation and activation, make sure that you have the following information and resources:
- Be sure that you have the order fulfillment email that contains the activation links that are required to activate Prisma Access.
- If you will use an existing Panorama to manage Prisma Access, be sure you that the Panorama on which you will install the Cloud Services plugin (which activates Prisma Access) is running the minimum Panorama version.During product activation, you can select an existing Panorama to manage Prisma Access, if you have registered Panorama, installed the licenses, and activated the support license on the Customer Support Portal (CSP). If you have added the Panorama serial number to the same CSP account on which you want to deploy Prisma Access, you can select the serial number of this Panorama appliance during installation.Alternatively, if you have a licensed Panorama that you have not yet installed, you can select that Panorama during product activation; the installation process provides you with links to register and install Panorama. In either case, the activation process allows the Panorama appliance you select to manage Prisma Access, and you must make sure that the Panorama appliance is running the minimum software version.You can manage Prisma Access with a Panorama appliance running one of the following versions:
Make a note of the serial number of the Panorama appliance; you use that serial number in a later step.
- PAN-OS 9.1.4 or a later PAN-OS 9.1 version
- PAN-OS 10.0.3 or a later PAN-OS 10.0 version
Hub Roles and Prisma Access Installation
During Prisma Access installation, Palo Alto Networks provides you the required roles on the Hub to activate Prisma Access, if those Hub roles are not already present. After you complete installation, you are assigned a role of Instance Admin. If you need additional roles on the Hub to perform system tasks, log in to the Hub, select
, find the
Account Administratorfor your organization, and contact them to be assigned additional roles.
Activate and Install Prisma Access
If you purchased Prisma Access (Panorama Managed) on or after November 17, 2020, complete the following steps to activate your Prisma Access licenses and download and install the Cloud Services plugin.
- When you receive the activation email from Palo Alto Networks, clickActivateto activate your products.
- Select the products you want to activate; then, clickStart Activation.In most cases, activate all products that display; however, if you want to associate Prisma Access with a Cortex Data Lake you have already activated, deselectCortex Data Lake.
- Assign the products you selected with a Customer Support Account; then, clickNext.If you have multiple support accounts associated with your email, select the account to which you want to assign the products.
- Choose the Panorama appliance by selectingSetup new Panorama.
- Follow the provided steps to register the new Panorama.
- Choose the Cortex Data Lake options; then, clickConfirm Selections.
The progress bar can appear to pause during product activation. Wait until the progress bar reaches 100%. The activation process takes approximately 20 minutes.
- In theCortex Data Lake Selectionarea, choose whether to activate a new Cortex Data Lake instance (Activate New), or select an existing Cortex Data Lake instance.
- In theRegion Selectionarea, select a region for Cortex Data Lake.
- When setup is complete, copy the one-time password (OTP). You use this when you verify your account on Panorama.
- Download and install the Cloud Services plugin.See the Palo Alto Networks Compatibility Matrix for the Panorama versions that are supported with the Cloud Services plugin.You can either download the plugin from the Customer Support Portal, or you can check for plugin updates directly from Panorama.
After you install the Cloud Services plugin, the plugin creates a Panorama administrative user with a username of__cloud_services. This user account is required to enable communication between Enterprise DLP on Prisma Access and the Prisma Access management infrastructure. Palo Alto Networks recommends that you change the password for this administrative user in accordance with your organization’s password policy.If you delete the__cloud_servicesuser, you must re-add the user manually. The account is used to register and activate Enterprise DLP on Prisma Access, and for continued DLP scanning using the data patterns and data filtering profiles referenced in security policy rules.Installing a newer version of the Cloud Services plugin overwrites the previously installed version. If you are installing the plugin for the first time, after you successfully install, Panorama refreshes and the Cloud Services menu displays on thePanoramatab.
- To download and install the Cloud Services plugin by downloading it from the Customer Support Portal, complete the following steps.
- Find the Cloud Services plugin in the Panorama Integration Plug In section and download it.Do not rename the plugin file or you will not be able to install it on Panorama.
- Log in to the Panorama Web Interface of the Panorama you licensed for use with the Prisma Access, selectandPanoramaPluginsUploadBrowsefor the pluginFilethat you downloaded from the CSP.
- Installthe plugin.
- To download and install the 2.0 version of the Cloud Services plugin directly from Panorama, complete the following steps:
- Selectand clickPanoramaPluginsCheck Nowto display the latest Cloud Services plugin updates.
- Downloadthe plugin version you want to install.
- After downloading the plugin,Installit.
- Retrieve the Prisma Access license(s).
- Selectand clickPanoramaLicensesRetrieve license keys from license server.
- Verify that you have the licenses for the Prisma Access components you plan to use.
- Verify your account.When you try to use the Cloud Services plugin for the first time after installing it, you will be prompted to verify your account. This step ensures that the Panorama serial number is registered to use Prisma Access and enables a secure communication path between the Prisma Access components and Panorama.You also have to re-verify your account every 3 months; complete these steps to re-verify the account.
- In Panorama, selectand clickPanoramaCloud ServicesConfigurationVerify.IfVerifyis disabled, check that you have configured a DNS server and NTP server on.PanoramaSetupServices
- Paste theOne-time Passwordyou copied and clickOK.You have ten minutes to enter the OTP before it expires.
- Apply device group changes in the Prisma Access infrastructure.Prisma Access moves all device groups under theSharedhierarchy. This step applies the device group changes to your configuration.
- Select.PanoramaCloud ServicesConfigurationService Setup
- Click the gear icon to edit theSettings.
- Make sure thatService_Conn_Device_Groupis selected as theDevice Group NameandSharedis selected as theParent Device Group.
- ClickOK.Do not clickCancel, even if you did not make any changes to this page.
- Continue to configure your Prisma Access deployment by Enabling the Service Infrastructure.
Recommended For You
Recommended videos not found.