Uninstall Traps Agent for Windows
Use this workflow to uninstall Traps agent 4.2 on a Windows endpoint.
You can uninstall the Traps™ agent using any of the following methods on a Windows endpoint:
- Uninstall from the Traps Endpoint Security Manager (Refer to how you Uninstall the Traps Agent in the Traps Endpoint Security Manager Administrator’s Guide.)
After you uninstall the agent, the endpoint is no longer protected by the Security policy of your company and the license returns to the pool of available licenses.
Manually Uninstall the Traps Agent for Windows
Use the following workflow to manually uninstall Traps.
- Select StartControl Panel(Programs)Programs and Features.
- Select Traps from the list and then Uninstall.
- When prompted to continue uninstalling, click Yes and acknowledge any notifications.
- Enter the uninstall password and click Next.
Uninstall the Traps Agent for Windows Using Msiexec
Use the following workflow to uninstall Traps using Msiexec.
- Use one of the following options to open a command
prompt as an administrator:
- Select StartAll ProgramsAccessories. Then right-click Command prompt and Run as administrator.
- Select Start. In the Start Search box, type cmd. Then, to open the command prompt as an administrator, press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER.
- Run the msiexec command followed
by one or more of the following options or properties:
For example, to uninstall Traps using the traps.msi installer with the specified password and log verbose output to a file called uninstallLogFile.txt, enter the following command:
- Uninstall and logging options:
For a full list of Msiexec parameters, see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/Msi/command-line-options
- /x <installpath>\<installerfilename>.msi—Uninstall a package.
- /l*v <logpath>\<logfilename>.txt—Log verbose output to a file.
- Public properties:
- UNINSTALL_PASSWORD=<uninstallpassword>—Specify the administrator password. You must specify the UNINSTALL_PASSWORD property to successfully uninstall a package.
C:\Users\username>msiexec /x c:\install\traps.msi /l*v c:\install\uninstallLogFile.txt UNINSTALL_PASSWORD=[palo@lt0]
Uninstall ESM Components
Uninstall ESM Components Use the following workflow to uninstall ESM components (ESM Server and ESM Console) using Msiexec. Open a command prompt as an administrator: ...
Install the Traps Agent for Windows
Use the following workflows to install the Traps agent 4.2 on Windows endpoints. This topic provides options to use the MSI, Msiexec, and how to ...
Traps Installation Options
Traps Installation Options You can install Traps in the following ways: Install from the endpoint —In situations where you need to install Traps on a ...
Uninstall the Traps Agent for Mac
Uninstall the Traps Agent for Mac From the ESM Console you can uninstall the Traps agent on an endpoint (see Uninstall the Traps Agent in ...
Uninstall the Traps Agent for Linux
Uninstall the Traps Agent for Linux From the ESM Console you can uninstall the Traps agent on a Linux server (see Uninstall the Traps Agent ...
Traps Endpoint Security Manager Known Issues
Known issues with the Traps Endpoint Security Manager and Traps agent 4.2. ...
Traps Agent 4.2 for Windows
To uninstall, use, and upgrade the Traps agent 4.2 on Windows endpoints, see the references in this topic. ...
Install ESM Components Using Windows Msiexec
Install ESM Components Using Windows Msiexec As an alternative to using the Windows installers, you can use Windows Msiexec to install the ESM Server and ...
Issues Addressed in Traps Endpoint Security Manager 4.2
List of addressed issues in the Traps Endpoint Security Manager 4.2. ...