Create an Encrypted EDM Data Set Using a Configuration File
Use the Exact Data Matching (EDM) CLI application to create an encrypted hash Exact Data Matching (EDM) data set in CSV or TSV format using a configuration file.
Create an encrypted hash Exact Data Matching (EDM) data set using a configuration file included with the EDM CLI application. The configuration file allows you to configure the file parameters for upload ahead of time rather than manually entering each parameter at the time of creation. You can also quickly update an existing EDM data set on the DLP cloud service when you configure the
- In theupload_config.propertiesfile, you must enter a unique data set name for EDM data set you want to create as thedataset_name. Upload to the DLP cloud service fails if you upload an EDM data set with a data set name that already exists in the DLP app.
- Review the Supported EDM Data Set Formats and prepare the EDM data set you want to create.
- Navigate to thepackage-edm-secure-cli-<version>-<platform>directory and open theconfig.propertiesfile.
- Configure the EDM data set upload parameters.
- Enter the path of the EDM data set for upload.
- Enter the delimiter used to specify boundaries between values in the EDM data set.The “,” and tab (t) delimiters are supported for EDM data set uploads. An EDM data set may only use one delimiter.
- Enter the EDM data set encoding method.
- Enter the error threshold percentage for the EDM data set.A secured version of the EDM data set is not created if the DLP cloud service encounters errors exceeding the specified error threshold percentage.
- Specify whether the EDM data set has a header row.Entertrueif the EDM data set includes a header row.Enterfalseif the EDM data set does not include a header row.
- Specify whether the EDM CLI application should abort the EDM data set upload if the EDM data set includes more than the maximum number of cells supported.Entertrueto upload the maximum number of data set cells supported.Enterfalseto abort EDM CLI application if the EDM data set has more than the maximum number of data set cells supported.
- Map your columns using the supported Data Types Value to accurately map each column in your EDM data set to a specific Data Type.Refer to theREADME.txtfile packaged with the EDM CLI application for the table to map your EDM data set columns to the correct Data Type value.When you create a data profile with EDM data sets on the DLP app or a data profile with EDM data sets on Cloud Management, you are required to add at least one column where the column values occurs up to 12 times in the selected EDM data set for thePrimary Field.When mapping your columns to a specific Data Type, be sure to include at least one column with up to 12 occurrences across the entire EDM data set. Otherwise, the DLP cloud service is unable to match traffic against the EDM data filtering profile you create using this EDM data set.
- SelectFileandSavethe configuration file.
- Create the EDM data set to the DLP cloud service.
- Open a terminal and navigate to thepackage-edm-secure-cli-<version>-<platform>directory where the EDM CLI application is located.
- Create the encrypted EDM data set.
Verify that the EDM data set is uploaded to the DLP cloud service successfully.A progress bar and success message is displayed to notify you whether the upload is successful.
- Windowsadmin:edm-secure-cli.bat createLinuxadmin:./edm-secure-cli.sh createEntering this commands creates a secured copy of the EDM data set in thepackage-edm-secure-cli-<version>-<platform>directory.
- Verify that the encrypted EDM data set is successfully created.The EDM CLI application only supports upload of the encrypted EDM data sets it creates to the DLP cloud service.A secured copy of the EDM data set specified is created in thepackage-edm-secure-cli-<version>-<platform>directory. In the directory, a new folder is created with the name of the EDM data set appended with the date and time it was created. Inside this folder is the encryptedoutput.zipfile containing your EDM data set that is uploaded to the DLP cloud service.
Recommended For You
Recommended videos not found.