Begin Scanning a Slack for Enterprise App
Authorize SaaS Security API to connect to Slack to scan all content shared within the app.
To connect Slack Enterprise Grid to SaaS Security API and begin scanning assets, you need to:
- Ensure that you have an Slack Enterprise Grid administrator account with Organization Owner permissions.
- Grant SaaS Security API access to Slack.
- Add the Slack Enterprise app to SaaS Security API, providing SaaS Security API information about your Slack account.
For information on which automated remediation capabilities SaaS Security API supports with Slack Enterprise, refer to Supported Applications with Remediation.
Add Slack Enterprise App
In order for SaaS Security API to scan assets, you must consent to specific permissions during the course of adding the Slack Enterprise app.
- (Recommended) Add your Slack Enterprise Grid domain as an internal domain.
- Sign out of all Slack workspaces.Doing so ensures that you sign in under the correct account and workspace.
- Enable the privileges required for communication between SaaS Security API and the Slack app.The Organization Owner must contact firstname.lastname@example.org and request that Slack Support enable the Slack app for DLP API access and integration with SaaS Security API. Slack Support requires over-the-phone enablement whereby you answer a serious of security questions.DLP API access provides visibility into the assets in Slack and allows SaaS Security API to monitor the sharing of assets.
- Add the Slack app.
- From theDashboard,Add a Cloud App.
- SelectSlack Enterprise Grid.
- Connect to Slack Account.
- Enter your team’s Slack domain/workspace (top-level enterprise organization), thenContinue.
- Sign inwith an administrator account that is an Organization Owner.
- Review andAllowthe requested permissions.SaaS Security API requires these permissions to scan your assets on Slack Enterprise.
- (Optional) Give a descriptive name to this app instance.
- Enter a descriptiveNameto differentiate this instance of Slack from other instances.
- ClickDoneto save your changes.
- Start scanning the new Slack app for incidents.
- Select.SettingsCloud Apps & Scan Settings
- In the Cloud Apps row that corresponds to the new Slack app, select.ActionsStart Scanning
When you add a new cloud app, SaaS Security API automatically scans the cloud app against the default data patterns and displays the match occurrences. You can take action now to improve your scan results and identify risks.
- (Optional) Modify match criteria for existing policy rules.
- (Optional) Configure or edit a data pattern.
Fix Slack Enterprise App Onboarding Issues
The most common issues related to adding or accessing Slack Enterprise app are as follows:
When you attempt to log in to your admin account from SaaS Security API, SaaS Security API returns an authorization error.
You have a Slack app open in your browser for a workspace other than the workspace associated with the admin account or the admin account isn’t an Organization Owner.
Log out of all Slack workspaces and verify that the administrator account is an Organization Owner.
Fix Slack Enterprise App Quarantine Issues
If SaaS Security API is unable to quarantine the asset, quarantine status displays a summary explanation of the quarantine failure. If you need additional information, and due to the underlying differences between cloud apps, use the table below for a detailed explanation and resolution.
Admin Quarantine actions fail if you did not authorize SaaS Security API bot to enable notifications or you did not add an email address for the quarantine administrator. In these cases, SaaS Security API can neither quarantine files nor notify the quarantine administrator.
Recommended For You
Recommended videos not found.