Add a ZTP Firewall to Panorama
Add a ZTP firewall to be managed by the Panorama management server.
Log in to the web interface of the Panorama™ management server as a Superuser, Panorama admin, or as the ZTP installer admin to add a ZTP firewall to Panorama. To add the ZTP firewall, you must enter the firewall serial number and claim key provided by Palo Alto Networks and then register the firewall with the ZTP service. Registering the firewall claims the firewall as an asset in your account in the Customer Support Portal and allows the ZTP service to associate the firewall with the Panorama.
While adding ZTP firewalls to Panorama, do not perform any commits on the ZTP firewall before you verify that the firewall is successfully added to Panorama in Step 4. Performing a local commit on the ZTP firewall disables ZTP functionality and results in the failure to successfully add the firewall to Panorama.
- Log in to the Panorama Web Interface using the ZTP installer admin credentials.
- Add a ZTP firewall to Panorama.
- SelectFirewall RegistrationandAdda new ZTP firewall.
- Enter theSerial Numberof the ZTP firewall.
- Enter theClaim Keyfor the ZTP firewall provided by Palo Alto Networks.The eight digit numeric claim key is printed on a physical label attached to the back of the ZTP firewall you received from Palo Alto Networks.
- ClickOKto save your configuration changes.
- Register the ZTP firewall.
- Select the newly added ZTP firewall andRegisterthe firewall.
- When prompted, clickYesto confirm registering the ZTP firewall.
- Verify the firewall successfully registered with the ZTP service.
- SelectRegistration Statusand verify that the ZTP firewall successfully registered with the ZTP service.
- Selectand verify that the ZTP firewall is successfully added as a managed firewall.PanoramaManaged DevicesSummaryEnsure that theTo SW Versioncolumn is configured to the correct PAN-OS version so that the firewall does not upgrade or downgrade unintentionally. ZTP functionality is supported only for PAN-OS 9.1.3 and later releases. Additionally, the PAN-OS version must be the same or an earlier version of the PAN-OS version running on Panorama.For more information, see Upgrade a ZTP Firewall.
- Add the ZTP firewall to device group and template stack.You must add the ZTP firewall to a device group and template stack for your firewalls to display asConnectedand to push policy and network configurations.
- Selectand assign the firewall to the appropriate device group.PanoramaDevice Groups
- Selectand assign the firewall to the appropriate template stack.PanoramaTemplates
Recommended For You
Recommended videos not found.