Import Multiple ZTP Firewalls to Panorama
Import multiple ZTP firewalls to the Panorama™ management server in CSV format.
Log in to the web interface of the Panorama™ management server as a Superuser, Panorama admin, or as the ZTP installer admin to import multiple ZTP firewalls to Panorama. To import multiple ZTP firewalls, you must import a CSV file of the ZTP firewall serial number and corresponding claim key provided by Palo Alto Networks and then register the firewalls with the ZTP service. Registering the firewall claims the firewalls as assets in your account in the Customer Support Portal and allows the ZTP service to associate the firewalls with the Panorama.
While adding ZTP firewalls to Panorama, do not perform any commits on the ZTP firewall before you verify that the firewall is successfully added to Panorama in Step 5. Performing a local commit on the ZTP firewall disables ZTP functionality and results in the failure to successfully add the firewall to Panorama.
- Gather the serial numbers and claim keys for your ZTP firewalls.The eight digit numeric claim key is printed on a physical label attached to the back of the ZTP firewall you received from Palo Alto Networks.
- Create a CSV file containing the ZTP firewall serial numbers and claim keys. The first column must contain the serial numbers and the second column must contain the corresponding claim key for that firewall. Refer to the following example for reference.
- Import the ZTP firewalls to Panorama.You must connect the Eth1/1 interface on ZTP firewalls to successfully register ZTP firewalls with the CSP and push the policy and network configurations.
- Log in to the Panorama Web Interface using the ZTP installer admin credentials.
- SelectandPanoramaZero Touch ProvisioningFirewall RegistrationImportthe ZTP firewalls.
- Browseand select the CSV file containing the ZTP firewall information and clickOK.
- Register the ZTP firewalls.
- Select the newly added ZTP firewalls andRegisterthe firewalls.
- When prompted, clickYesto confirm registering the ZTP firewalls.
- Verify the firewall successfully registered with the ZTP service.
- SelectRegistration Statusand verify that the ZTP firewalls successfully registered with the ZTP service.
- Selectand verify that the ZTP firewalls are successfully added as a managed firewall.PanoramaManaged DevicesSummaryEnsure that theTo SW Versioncolumn is configured to the correct PAN-OS version so that the firewall does not upgrade or downgrade unintentionally. ZTP functionality is supported only for PAN-OS 9.1.3-h1 and later releases. Additionally, the PAN-OS version must be the same or an earlier version of the PAN-OS version running on Panorama.For more information, see Upgrade a ZTP Firewall.
- Add the ZTP firewalls to a device group and template stack.You must add the ZTP firewall to a device group and template stack for your firewalls to display asConnectedand to push policy and network configurations.
- Selectand assign the firewalls to the appropriate device group.PanoramaDevice Groups
- Selectand assign the firewalls to the appropriate template stack.PanoramaTemplates
Recommended For You
Recommended videos not found.