View Enterprise DLP Log Details on Cloud Management
View the log details for traffic that matches your Enterprise data loss prevention (DLP) data profiles for Prisma Access (Cloud Managed) and SaaS Security on Cloud Management.
An Enterprise data loss prevention (DLP) Incident is generated when traffic matches your Enterprise data loss prevention (DLP) data profiles for Prisma Access (Cloud Managed) and SaaS Security on Cloud Management. You can then filter and view the DLP Incident for the detected traffic, such as matched data patterns, the source and destination of the traffic, the file and file type. Additionally, the DLP Incident displays the specific data pattern that the traffic matched and also displays the total number of unique and total occurrences of those data pattern matches.
You can then view this sensitive content called a
snippet. A snippet is evidence or identifiable information associated with a pattern match. For example, if you specified a data pattern of Credit Card Number, the managed firewall returns the credit card number of the user as the snippet that was matched. By default, the managed firewall returns snippets.
Cloud Management uses
data maskingto mask the data in the snippets. By default, the DLP Incident displays the last four digits of the value in clear text (partial masking). For example, a DLP Incident displays a snippet of a credit card number as
XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-1234. You can also specify the data to be completely displayed in clear text or to fully mask the data and hide all values.
Snippets are available for regular expression (regex)-based patterns only.
- Select.LogsDLP Incidents
- Select aScan DateandRegionto filter the DLP Incidents.
- Review the DLP Incidents summary information to help focus your incident investigation.These lists are updated hourly.
- Top Data Profiles to Investigate—Lists up to seven data profiles with the highest number of incidents in descending order.
- Top Sources to Investigate—Lists up to seven source IP addresses and Fully Qualified Domain Names (FQDN) with the highest number of incidents in descending order.
- Sensitive Files by Action—Lists the number of incidents based on the Action taken by Prisma Access (Cloud Managed) in descending order.
- Review the Incidents and click aFilename to review a specific incident.You can filter the DLP incidents byFile NameorReport IDto search for a specific incident you want to review.
- Review the Incident Details to review specific file upload details.Make note of theReport IDfor the DLP incident if you have not already done so. The Report ID is used to view additional traffic log details regarding the DLP incident.
- Review the Matches within Data Profiles to review snippets of matching traffic and the data patterns that matched the traffic to better understand what data was detected.For data profiles with nested data profiles created on the DLP app or Cloud Management, the data profile displayed is the specific nested data profile that matched the scanned traffic. For example, you create aDataProfile, with the nested profilesProfile1,Profile2, andProfile3and scanned traffic matches the nestedProfile2and is blocked. In this scenario, the data profile displayed for the incident isProfile2.
- Review the file log to learn about the traffic data for the DLP incident.
- Select.ActivityLogsLog Viewer
- From the Firewall drop-down, selectFile.
- Filter to view the file log for the DLP incident using the Report ID.report_id=<report-id>
- Review the file log to learn more about the traffic data for the DLP incident.For example, you may want to review the application and source user name to better understand where the DLP incident originated.
Recommended For You
Recommended videos not found.