Set up IoT Security and XSOAR for XDR Integration
Set up IoT Security and Cortex XSOAR to integrate with Cortex XDR.
To set up IoT Security to integrate through Cortex XSOAR with Cortex XDR, you need the following:
- Advanced API key for Cortex XDR
- API key ID
- URL of your XDR instance
- Log in to the IoT Security portal and then access Cortex XDR integration settings in Cortex XSOAR.
- Because IoT Security uses XSOAR to integrate with XDR, you must configure settings for the XDR integration instance in the Cortex XSOAR interface. To access XSOAR, log in to IoT Security and select.IntegrationsLaunch Cortex XSOAR
- ClickSettingsin the left navigation menu, search forxdrto locate it among other instances.
- Configure the Cortex XDR integration instance.
- Add instanceto open the settings panel.
- Enter the following and leave other settings at their default values:Name: Enter a name for the XDR integration instance.Server URL (copy URL from XDR): Copy the URL that you saved earlier in a text file and paste it here.API Key ID: Enter the API key ID that you previously noted.API Key: Copy the API key string and paste it here.Single engine: ChooseNo engine.
- When finished, clickTest.If the test is successful, a Success message appears. If not, check that the settings were entered correctly and then test the configuration again.
- After the test succeeds, copy the name of the integration instance to use in the job you create next, and then clickSave & exitto save your changes and close the settings panel.
- Create a job to retrieve device attributes from Cortex XDR every 15 minutes.
- ClickJobsnear the bottom of the left navigation menu to open the Jobs page.
- ClickNew Jobat the top of the Jobs page.
- Enter the following, leave the other fields at their default values:Time triggered: (select)Recurring: Select this because you want to periodically import device attributes from Cortex XDR.Every: Enter a number and set the interval value (Minutes, Hours, Days, or Weeks) and select the days on which to run the job. (If you don’t select anything, the job runs everyday.) This determines how often XSOAR imports data from Cortex XDR. It’s important to set an interval that allows enough time for the job to complete, considering factors such as the number of devices that are active on the network. You might start by running the job every 15 minutes and then increasing it as necessary until each job completes before the next one starts. You can see the run status of a recurring job on the Jobs page. When in progress, its status isRunning. When done, its status changes toCompleted.Name: Type a name for the job such asXDR device attributes retrieval.Playbook:Incremental Export of Cortex XDR - PANW IoT 3rd Party IntegrationIntegration Instance Name: Paste the integration instance name that you copied in the previous step. If this field is empty or an entered name doesn’t match an instance, the job won’t run successfully.Playbook Poll Interval: Enter a number (the value, though unspecified, is minutes) defining the period of time during which IoT Security must see newly discovered devices or network activity from previously discovered devices to import device attributes from XDR. It’s common to use the same interval as the one for running the recurring job. However, if you increase the interval between jobs, you can set a shorter interval for polling than that for the job. If you leave it blank, the default poll interval is 15 minutes.The default value is 15 minutes, which is the interval that XSOAR will use if the field is left blank.Site Names: Leave the field empty to import device attributes for all sites. To limit imports to devices at one or more sites, enter comma-separated site names.
- Create new job.
- To enable the XDR integration instance, clickEnable.XSOAR begins an automated process that retrieves incrementally updated device attributes from Cortex XDR occurring within the last 15 minutes.
- Continue creating and enabling more integration instances and jobs as needed for IoT Security to import device attributes from other Cortex XDR instances.
- Return to the IoT Security portal and check the status of the Cortex XDR integration instances you created and enabled.When you see that the status has changed fromDisabledtoActive, the IoT Security/Cortex XSOAR setup is complete.
Recommended For You
Recommended videos not found.