Set Up Access to the GlobalProtect Portal
- Add the portal.
- Select, and thenNetworkGlobalProtectPortalsAdda portal.
- Enter aNamefor the portal. The name cannot contain spaces.
- (Optional) Select the virtual system to which this portal belongs from theLocationfield.
- Specify network settings to enable the GlobalProtect app to communicate with the portal.If you have not yet created a network interface for the portal, see Create Interfaces and Zones for GlobalProtect. If you have not yet created an SSL/TLS service profile for the portal, see Deploy Server Certificates to the GlobalProtect Components.Do not attach an interface management profile that allows HTTP, HTTPS, Telnet, or SSH on the interface where you have configured a GlobalProtect portal or gateway because this enables access to your management interface from the Internet. Follow the Best Practices for Securing Administrative Access to ensure that you are securing administrative access to your firewalls in a way that will prevent successful attacks.
- Select anInterface.
- Specify theIP Address TypeandIP addressfor the portal web service:
- The IP address type can beIPv4 Only,IPv6 Only, orIPv4 and IPv6.UseIPv4 and IPv6if your network supports dual stack configurations, where IPv4 and IPv6 run at the same time.
- The IP address must be compatible with the IP address type. For example,172.16.1/0for IPv4 addresses or21DA:D3:0:2F3Bfor IPv6 addresses. For dual stack configurations, enter both an IPv4 and IPv6 address.
- Select anSSL/TLS Service Profile.
- Select custom login and help pages or disable the login and help pages entirely. See Customize the GlobalProtect Portal Login, Welcome, and Help Pages for more details on creating a custom login page and help page.In theAppearancearea of the GlobalProtect Portal Configuration dialog (), configure the following settings:NetworkGlobalProtectPortals<portal-config>General
- To set thePortal Login Pagefor user access to the portal, select thefactory-defaultlogin page,Importa custom login page, orDisableaccess to the login page.
- To set theApp Help Pageto provide assistance to users with the GlobalProtect app, select thefactory-defaulthelp page,Importa custom help page, or selectNoneto remove theHelpoption from theSettingsmenu of the GlobalProtect status panel.
- Specify how the portal authenticates the users.If you have not yet created a server certificate for the portal and issued gateway certificates, see Deploy Server Certificates to the GlobalProtect Components.Configure any of the following portalAuthenticationsettings ():NetworkGlobalProtectPortals<portal-config>Authentication
- To secure communication between the portal and the GlobalProtect app, select theSSL/TLS Service Profilethat you configured for the portal.
- To authenticate users through a local user database or an external authentication service, such as LDAP, Kerberos, TACACS+, SAML, or RADIUS (including OTP), Define the GlobalProtect Client Authentication Configurations.
- To authenticate users based on a client certificate, select the correspondingCertificate Profile. A valid client certificate must be pre-deployed on all endpoints.
- Save the portal configuration.
- ClickOKto save the settings.
- Committhe changes.
Recommended For You
Recommended videos not found.