Set Up Access to the GlobalProtect Portal
After you have completed the Prerequisite Tasks for Configuring the GlobalProtect Portal, configure the GlobalProtect portal as follows:
- Add the portal.
- Select NetworkGlobalProtectPortals, and then Add a portal.
- Enter a Name for the portal. The name cannot contain spaces.
- (Optional) Select the virtual system to which this portal belongs from the Location field.
- Specify network settings to enable the GlobalProtect
app to communicate with the portal.If you have not yet created a network interface for the portal, see Create Interfaces and Zones for GlobalProtect. If you have not yet created an SSL/TLS service profile for the portal, see Deploy Server Certificates to the GlobalProtect Components.Do not attach an interface management profile that allows HTTP, HTTPS, Telnet, or SSH on the interface where you have configured a GlobalProtect portal or gateway because this enables access to your management interface from the Internet. Follow the Best Practices for Securing Administrative Access to ensure that you are securing administrative access to your firewalls in a way that will prevent successful attacks.
- Select an Interface.
- Specify the IP Address Type and IP
address for the portal web service:
- The IP address type can be IPv4 Only, IPv6 Only, or IPv4 and IPv6. Use IPv4 and IPv6 if your network supports dual stack configurations, where IPv4 and IPv6 run at the same time.
- The IP address must be compatible with the IP address type. For example, 172.16.1/0 for IPv4 addresses or 21DA:D3:0:2F3B for IPv6 addresses. For dual stack configurations, enter both an IPv4 and IPv6 address.
- Select an SSL/TLS Service Profile.
- Select custom login and help pages or disable the login
and help pages entirely. See Customize
the GlobalProtect Portal Login, Welcome, and Help Pages for
more details on creating a custom login page and help page.In the Appearance area of the GlobalProtect Portal Configuration dialog (NetworkGlobalProtectPortals<portal-config>General), configure the following settings:
- To set the Portal Login Page for user access to the portal, select the factory-default login page, Import a custom login page, or Disable access to the login page.
- To set the App Help Page to provide assistance to users with the GlobalProtect app, select the factory-default help page, Import a custom help page, or select None to remove the Help option from the Settings menu of the GlobalProtect status panel.
- Specify how the portal authenticates the users.If you have not yet created a server certificate for the portal and issued gateway certificates, see Deploy Server Certificates to the GlobalProtect Components.Configure any of the following portal Authentication settings (NetworkGlobalProtectPortals<portal-config>Authentication):
- To secure communication between the portal and the GlobalProtect app, select the SSL/TLS Service Profile that you configured for the portal.
- To authenticate users through a local user database or an external authentication service, such as LDAP, Kerberos, TACACS+, SAML, or RADIUS (including OTP), Define the GlobalProtect Client Authentication Configurations.
- To authenticate users based on a client certificate, select the corresponding Certificate Profile. A valid client certificate must be pre-deployed on all endpoints.
- Save the portal configuration.
- Click OK to save the settings.
- Commit the changes.
GlobalProtect Portals General Tab
GlobalProtect Portals General Tab Select Network GlobalProtect Portals General to define the network settings that the GlobalProtect app uses to connect to the GlobalProtect portal. ...
Configure the Portal
Configure the Portal After you have completed the GlobalProtect Portal for LSVPN Prerequisite Tasks , configure the GlobalProtect portal as follows: Add the portal. Select ...
Customize the GlobalProtect Portal Login, Welcome, and Help...
Customize the GlobalProtect Portal Login, Home, Welcome, and Help Pages GlobalProtect provides default login, home, welcome, and/or help pages. However, you can create your own ...
GlobalProtect Certificate Best Practices
GlobalProtect Certificate Best Practices The following table summarizes the SSL/TLS certificates you will need, depending on which features you plan to use: Certificate Usage Issuing ...
Define the GlobalProtect Client Authentication Configurations
Define the GlobalProtect Client Authentication Configurations Each GlobalProtect client authentication configuration specifies the settings that enable the user to authenticate with the GlobalProtect portal. You ...
Customize the GlobalProtect App
Customize the GlobalProtect App The portal agent configuration allows you to customize how your end users interact with the GlobalProtect apps installed on their endpoints. ...
Define the GlobalProtect Agent Configurations
Define the GlobalProtect Agent Configurations After a GlobalProtect user connects to the portal and is authenticated by the GlobalProtect portal, the portal sends the agent ...
GlobalProtect Portal for LSVPN Prerequisite Tasks
GlobalProtect Portal for LSVPN Prerequisite Tasks Before configuring the GlobalProtect portal, you must complete the following tasks: Create Interfaces and Zones for the LSVPN on ...
Configure a GlobalProtect Gateway
Configure a GlobalProtect Gateway After you have completed the prerequisite tasks, configure the GlobalProtect Gateways : Add a gateway. Select Network GlobalProtect Gateways , and ...