Enable Log Forwarding to Email
The ESM Console generates logs for over 60 types of events including security events, policy configuration changes, and monitoring events (agent and server). Depending on the type and severity of the data in the log files, you may want to be receive email alerts when critical events require your attention. The ESM Console forwards logs to one or more email addresses using the SMTP service. If you want to forward all or some of these logs to an external email address, you can use SSL for reliable and secure transport of logs. After configuring the email reporting settings, you can send a test message to verify the log forwarding settings.
The date/time of the each logged event is in Universal Time Coordinated (UTC).
Use the following workflow to configure the ESM Console to send logs and events to an email account.
- Enable email reporting.From the ESM Console, select, and then selectSettingsESMEnable Mail Reporting.
- Configure the email settings.Specify the following email settings:
- Display Name—Display name for the email account that sends the logs.
- User name—Name of the user who can access the SMTP service.
- Password—Password for the user account that can access the SMTP service.
- Host—Hostname or IP address of the SMTP service.
- Smtp Port—Communication port of the SMTP service (default is 0).
- Enable SSL—Select this option for secure transport of logs in email.
- Email Address—Email address of the sender from which the logs are sent.
- Recipient—Email address of the recipients to which the logs are sent. Use a semicolon (;) to separate multiple email addresses. For example,firstname.lastname@example.org;email@example.com.
- Email Timeout (Seconds)—Period (in seconds) after which the ESM stops trying to send logs (default is 60; range is 1 to 120).
- Select the events that you want to send to an external email address.In the Logging Events area, select one or more of the events. Scroll through the list to see additional types of events you can send.
- Save your settings.ClickSave.
- Verify the configuration of your email settings.ClickSend Test Message. The ESM Console sends a test communication to the email address using the information on the
Enable Log Forwarding to an External Logging Platform
Enable Log Forwarding to an External Logging Platform The ESM Console and ESM Servers collectively generate logs for over 60 types of events—including security events, ...
Forward Logs to Panorama
Forward Logs to Panorama The ESM supports additional log forwarding to Panorama. When integrated with the ESM, Panorama serves as a Syslog receiver that ingests ...
Event Log Types
Event Log Types The ESM Console displays information about events that occur on your Traps components on the Logs and Security Events pages. The events ...
Enable Log Forwarding to Panorama
Enable Log Forwarding to Panorama To enable log forwarding to a Panorama log collector, use the following workflow: Before you begin: If you are enabling ...
Issues Addressed in Traps Endpoint Security Manager 4.2
List of addressed issues in the Traps Endpoint Security Manager 4.2. ...
Reports and Logging
Reports and Logging The Endpoint Security Manager can write logs to an external logging platform, such as security information and event management (SIEM), Service Organization ...
Settings - ESM
Settings - ESM The following table displays the ESM settings logs you can forward to an external logging platform or email. Event Name Description ESM ...
Common Variables Used in Events
Common Variables Used in Events From the ESM Console, you can configure log forwarding for the events that matter to you most. The ESM translates ...