When you create or modify a notification profile, you can enable Prisma Access to send email or webhook alerts when it initially detects an issue and when the issue is resolved. These alert notifications describe the issue and impact, and include a link to Prisma Access where you can investigate further.
The Palo Alto Networks email address from which you receive alert notifications is firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the alert codes shown in the notification, see Alert Codes.
The table in the
Notifications Subscriptionstable offers a view of all available profiles, enables you to create new profiles and modify existing ones, and enables Prisma Access to send alerts.
- Enable or disable a profile from theStatecolumn.
- Select aProfile Nameto modify that profile.
- TheSub-Tenant ID(s)column shows one subtenant ID, and indicates with the + sign whether there are more.
- TheEmail Address(es),WebHooks, andAlert Subscriptioncolumns show information that was added when the profile was created or modified.
- You can create two notification profiles with selections for subtenants, notification methods, and alert subscriptions. One of these profiles is designated as theDefault Profilefor the tenant.Existing Prisma Access tenants with email subscriptions for alerts in Prisma Access Insights prior to the introduction of Notification Profiles will have theDefault Profilepopulated with all email addresses and all alert subscriptions.Informational Alertswill be added to theDefault Profile's alert subscriptions. ThisDefault Profilecan be edited.
- From theActionscolumn, click the checkmark to make the specified profile the default profile for the tenant. Use the pencil to modify a profile or the trashcan to delete a profile.
Add a Notification Profile
Create a new notification profile by clicking the
Add Notification Profilebutton to the right. The
New Profilewindow appears.
- Name: Enter a profile name.
- Sub-Tenant ID: Select one or more subtenants.
- Description (optional): Enter an optional description of up to 72 characters.
- UnderEmail Contacts, click theAdd Contactsbutton.
- Enter a validName, and pressEnter.You can add multiple email contacts using theAdd Contactsbutton.
- Enter a webhook name and a valid URL.
- UnderAuth Type, selectNone,Basic, orToken.None: You don’t need to add any more information.Basic: Enter the username and password of the webhook.Token: Enter the token of the webhook.You can create one webhook notification per profile.
- UnderAlert Categories, you can select all alerts present under an alert category, or you can click>to the left of the alert category name to expand the category and specify which alerts you want to be notified on. To receive alert notifications over email or notifications streamed through webhooks, based on alert severity for an alert category of interest, click the checkboxes forLow,Medium, orHighseverity.
- Click theSavebutton.
Edit an Existing Profile
To edit an existing profile, click either the
Profile Nameor the pencil in the
Actionscolumn. Make your changes, and click
Saveto update the profile.
Notification Subscription Log
Notification Subscription Logwidget shows changes to all profiles, including when profiles are added, modified, and deleted.
Recommended For You
Recommended videos not found.